cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some thoughts on a return process.

Long story Short - Customer opened a does not fit return - no contacting me before hand.  I get the request, say sure I will take a return.   Fast Forward - nothing has been sent back - the Ebay people keep emailing me telling me I "SHOULD HAVE" received the item - I have until the 22nd to refund - but Nothing has been received, no tracking ever entered.  Before I call tomorrow to tell them nothing has been sent back (Before the "bots automatically refund this person) - what has the outcome been for others in the same situation.  I highly doubt the seller even remotely put any effort into the return, and has not shipped anything.  I don't want to call to find out - they have another 30 days for returning?

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Need some thoughts on a return process.

Most likely because a "doesn't fit" return requires the buyer to pay for the return, they may have simply decided to keep the item. (or give as a gift for the Holiday's)  If you are receiving "should have" emails, it's most likely time to give them a call and get the return closed in your favor.  The return should have told you the buyer had till (date) to return. If that date has passed with no tracking uploaded and you have given enough time due to holiday busy shipping times in case they didn't send with tracking, you are free to contact eBay. That way " IF " there is any payment hold due to a return being opened, closing the return will release payment.

Happy Holiday's

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The system automatically sends you a 'buyer indicated they sent the item back' and a 'you should have the item by now, please refund' messages even if there was no tracking uploaded to prove the item was ever sent back.  I've always just ignored them and waited until the request automatically closed after 30 (business?) days. The system will not refund the buyer unless tracking shows that you have received the item back.

Or,  if it has been 5 days since you approved the request you can phone eBay and ask them to close the request since the buyer missed the deadline to send the item back.  At least I think that the deadline is 5 days...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Most likely because a "doesn't fit" return requires the buyer to pay for the return, they may have simply decided to keep the item. (or give as a gift for the Holiday's)  If you are receiving "should have" emails, it's most likely time to give them a call and get the return closed in your favor.  The return should have told you the buyer had till (date) to return. If that date has passed with no tracking uploaded and you have given enough time due to holiday busy shipping times in case they didn't send with tracking, you are free to contact eBay. That way " IF " there is any payment hold due to a return being opened, closing the return will release payment.

Happy Holiday's

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank You - I will call after the date has passed.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@cargo11 wrote:

Long story Short - Customer opened a does not fit return - no contacting me before hand.

Just fyi that wasn't the customers fault since eBay litterally pushes buyers to open cases when they try to contact sellers within the last few years.

You can see yourself if you buy from another seller and then go to "contact them" and then eBay will ask the reason and if you say you have a problem with your order it will auto send them to open a return request. In the old days it would send them to a contact form instead.

Lunacy at its best, on Ebays part - because now they are pushing that customers get fast returns regardless of if they even want a return and regardless of if you could have solved their problem :).  That wonderful change probably increased my returns by 10% alone.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply