cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on setting up international shipping options to use Pirate Ship Simple Export Rate

I am still confused on how to set up my eBay international shipping options in order to use Pirate Ship Simple Export Rate.  I am comfortable choosing First Class International for packages going to Canada, because Pirate Ship does ship directly to Canada, but for other international locations I feel it is misleading to choose First Class International as an option and then use Pirate Ship because Pirate Ship actually uses Ascendia and is a forwarding service.  Although I am able to charge the customer less this way, I wish there was another option I can choose besides "First Class International" when listing on eBay.  Anyone who uses Pirate Ship Simple Export Rate consistently - please explain how you set up your eBay international shipping.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Need advice on setting up international shipping options to use Pirate Ship Simple Export Rate

When you are setting up your shipping policy or editing it -- go to the international shipping section.  There you will see a drop down menu under " services" with a downward pointing arrow.  Scroll all the way down until you see "economy international shipping" or " standard international shipping" .   They are about half way down  that drop down menu ( after the USPS/UPS/ FedEx sections) .   Either will work when using Pirateship. 

I really don't see it being a problem if you kept the first class Intl. shipping.  I probably had  that in my listings for 2 yrs. before I updated  to the economy intl shipping.    All that's important is that tracking is uploaded and item was shipped on time.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I replaced the first class international w/ "economy international shipping" when I switched over to Pirateship. This  choice then covers the Canadian packages shipped via USPS and those forwarded by Ascendia.  You can make this change  by going into your "business policies"  and applying to the the necessary shipping policies. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I do not see any option for "economy international shipping."

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It should be there under the FedEx international options. In my experience, selecting Standard International Shipping has given me plenty of time to get it there with Simple Export Rate. 

As you mentioned, it's perfectly fine to put First Class for Canada, I'm pretty sure it's just First Class with a better rate.

Since you'd have generic shipping in the options, I'd just mention in your listing that it ships through Asendia USA for everywhere but Canada in your description.

It would be nice if eBay just had an option for Asendia, especially since it supports Asendia tracking. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hmm.  It just gives me UPS options under international shipping, not FedEx.  Boy am I confused!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

When you are setting up your shipping policy or editing it -- go to the international shipping section.  There you will see a drop down menu under " services" with a downward pointing arrow.  Scroll all the way down until you see "economy international shipping" or " standard international shipping" .   They are about half way down  that drop down menu ( after the USPS/UPS/ FedEx sections) .   Either will work when using Pirateship. 

I really don't see it being a problem if you kept the first class Intl. shipping.  I probably had  that in my listings for 2 yrs. before I updated  to the economy intl shipping.    All that's important is that tracking is uploaded and item was shipped on time.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I'm setting up Pirate Ship Simple Export now and wondering how it's going for you nantcha.  Any issues?  Thanks.

Ztams Totally Awesome Teen Pinups

Message 8 of 8
latest reply