cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My policy states "no refunds, no returns", will I get a deficit if I stick to it?

I sold 3 Tommy Bahamas and 1 Uomo 100% silk shirts in one offering. It worked out to like $5.00 a shirt. It's clearly stated that I accept no returns. Buyer says "Shirts are to big even though the size on the tags are usually the size that fits."  If I stick to my policy and don't give a refund will e-Bay give me a deficit? If so, whats the since in stating "No Refunds, No Returns"? I'm new at this and don't want to fall on my face right out of the gate. Please Advise.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: My policy states "no refunds, no returns", will I get a deficit if I stick to it?

If a size small is too large for the buyer there really isn't much the OP could have done.  "Fit" is still a remorse return request and a seller with a no return policy does NOT have to accept buyer remorse returns.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: My policy states "no refunds, no returns", will I get a deficit if I stick to it?

Buyer protection protects buyers even if no returns accepted. Do you give measurements on your listing? If the measurements are wrong and the BUYER opens a case and supplies photos with a measuring tape as proof then eBay would rule in the Buyers favor and sometimes they rule for the BUYER to keep the item and then REFUND them in FULL or RETURN the item and once received by the SELLER the are REFUNDED in FULL.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

ebay almost always sides with the buyer when they file a claim for item being "Significantly not as described" (SNAD).  If the buyer files a claim and you  fight and lose, you do get a defect point on your account as well as having to pay for the return shipping.  

That's why most sellers do accept returns: They're going to get the item back anyway, and if you accept returns then you can make the buyer pay for the return shipping.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Did the buyer file a return request yet or just message you?

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Since this is a "fit" issue it MAY be considered by ebay to be a remorse case.  It will depend on the reason the buyer gives for wanting to return for a refund.

I also have a no return policy.  If a buyer files a return case with fit as an issue I always have the option stated in the ebay return request message that I can deny the return.  The last one I had was for the stem and basket for a coffee maker that the buyer said didn't FIT her model of coffee maker.  I was given the option to deny the return and I did.

If the buyer opens a return request and you don't get that option you can call ebay and have them read the ebay message from the buyer that it is actually a "fit" problem and maybe they will close the return request in your favor.  It isn't a "requirement" to list measurements of clothing items~~you gave the size and that should cover you.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Buyer filed return request.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I don't understand how a mans size small can be too big for a man?  Maybe he needs to be shopping in the "boys" department.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@artyhillz wrote:

You can deny the return then

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@artyhillz wrote:

What is the reason that the request  says is for the return ?

Do you have a deny button ?

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

FYI Tommy Bahama shirts (button ups and pull over) run larger than normal (whatever normal is).  With most shirts I wear  a large size.  With a T B shirt I will wear a Medium with  soem extra room for comfort.

Hopefully you provided shirt dimensions in your listings.  It is very advisable to do so as  not all sizes, like S, M, L, XL etc. , are the same size, this applies to footwear items as well.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

If a size small is too large for the buyer there really isn't much the OP could have done.  "Fit" is still a remorse return request and a seller with a no return policy does NOT have to accept buyer remorse returns.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply