cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi item purchase, different address

I’m a new seller. Someone purchased multiple items, and sent an invoice request after I asked if he was waiting for the last few of my auctions to finish because he hadn’t paid. He responded that he’d been waiting for an invoice, and said to use his US city for the shipping quote. His invoice request has an intl address.

Once I had package weight and size, I tried to send an invoice, but got his Intl address. I asked for his US address, so he bought one of items so I’d have it.

I calculated his shipping, but what do I do when he says it’s a go? How do I…
1. Invoice him for all of his items minus the one he paid for

2. invoice to the US address

3. credit him what he paid so I had his address

4. Print labels for two boxes for one order (or do I make the paid for item be one label though it’s actually going to be a box of that plus more items)? How will ebay know I need multiple labels? 
5. anything else I need to do?

Auuuggghhh

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@laser381 wrote:

His invoice request has an intl address.

Once I had package weight and size, I tried to send an invoice, but got his Intl address. I asked for his US address, so he bought one of items so I’d have it.

I calculated his shipping, but what do I do when he says it’s a go? 

Don't allow a buyer to dictate your transaction.

On eBay, when a seller sends an invoice, that locks the shipping total. The usual ploy is

-- the buyer requests an invoice, providing an address close to the seller

-- the seller sends an invoice with a low shipping total

-- the buyer checks out, providing their address far, far away but pays the low shipping total

-- (the seller sends a PayPal request for the additional shipping cost, the buyer pays, the seller ships)

-- (the buyer files an INR after tracking vanishes past 120 days, and gets their refund for the PayPal request)

But when you send the invoice for the international addresss, that locks the shipping total for the higher cost. When the buyer realizes they cannot lower that cost at checkout even with their US address @laser381 

-- they will come crawling back with the proper request for an invoice with their US addess

-- and after you send a new invoice with the locked-down lower shipping total for the US address

-- your buyer will now checkout with their international address at the locked-down lower shipping total.

So it's best you DON'T SEND an invoice at all, and just have your buyer pay the proper postage with whatever address they want at checkout ... and ONLY AFTER you will refund postage for combined shipping.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you @an-36344 ! As I wrote my question, I was thinking it seemed a little scammy.

I’ll tell him he needs to check out and then I’ll refund the difference. Assuming he agrees, how do I process the one he’s already paid for? It’s in one of the two boxes. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply