cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailing a (very) lightweight item...

2nd try at this... I'm considering selling items that would ship (mail) in #10 envelopes, with 1-oz 1st Class postage. As the USPS doesn't offer tracking on letter class mail, will this impact me getting paid in a timely fashion, as everything seems to be tied to delivery confirmation?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Mailing a (very) lightweight item...

well eBay can hold the funds for 21 days: and will as they treat you as a new seller.

No tracking means no delivery just so you know.

If a purchaser claims non receipt of item your loss.

They get free stuff from you.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If you go ahead with that plan, be prepared for a boatload of item not received cases.

You are the only one who can decide whether or not it's worth it to you to go that route.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I mail items in a #10 envelope and 55 cents worth of postage stamps ALL THE TIME!  After I put the envelope in a post office box, I "mark item as shipped" so the buyer knows it's on the way.  I guess it would depend on how much the item inside the envelope is worth.  For me, most of my items (vintage postcards) do not have significant value.  I am on the honor system, and in several years of selling, I have rarely suffered a mail loss.  If someone doesn't get their item, I refund them.
If you want tracking, do any of your items qualify for the new eBay standard envelope?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply