cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Package - Does Ebay Seller Protection Cover This

So does ebay seller protection cover , packages that are lost and shipped thru ebay  ?

We have a package that was shipped on December 30th,   It was in transit and was in a facility in Mass, and disappeared .  Of course,  claim was filled, we sent the tracking information in as we needed to, and ebay closed the case in the favor of the buyer, and debited our acct.  The label was purchased thru ebay shipping.   Of course we are going to get screwed on the did not close the case out deal,  and that will be held against our acct, .  So be it,   But from my understanding seller protection is protection against a product not getting delivered also .

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Lost Package - Does Ebay Seller Protection Cover This

@518sportscardsandtoys wrote:

So does ebay seller protection cover , packages that are lost and shipped thru ebay  ?

We have a package that was shipped on December 30th,   It was in transit and was in a facility in Mass, and disappeared .  Of course,  claim was filled, we sent the tracking information in as we needed to, and ebay closed the case in the favor of the buyer, and debited our acct.  The label was purchased thru ebay shipping.   Of course we are going to get screwed on the did not close the case out deal,  and that will be held against our acct, .  So be it,   But from my understanding seller protection is protection against a product not getting delivered also .

I don't know how you came to this understanding, but I must advise that you've been miss-informed. Sorry. This is not part of the seller protection program.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

No.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

The only protection you'd have against loss is the insurance that is automatically included if you purchase Priority Mail postage (whether through eBay or elsewhere). You'd file a claim for a lost package online at usps.com.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the Info,     When you purchase labels thru amazon, and the package gets lost, They cover it.  Thats why I was asking the Question.   I should have figured Ebay would not. Its typical of them, 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Amazon Shipping covers the seller, If it gets lost, I figured ebay also would , but as normal they dont, 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You can insure your items if you like. I use shipsurance.

Or if you shipped via USPS priority or priority express mail, you can file an insurance claim. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

you understood incorrectly 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply