cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late shipment rate Transaction period

Hi 

I have a late shipment rate of 20%!!  It was much lower a few days ago.  

I mail within my listed time of 2 - 3 days.  Why does it say this?

I read that it may have something to do with when the post office scans it.  Why are sellers penalized for that?  I don't have any control over that.

I read something about scan sheets but I don't have a store.  Do I need a store for that?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

michelle

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Late shipment rate Transaction period

Unless you take the packages to the post office and wait an hour in their line (typically that long here!) to get them scanned in as "accepted", then eBay considers the post office's first scan as the time they accept the package - typically could be a day or two after you actually drop the package off, depending on when the post office first scans the package (usually done at a sorting center). 

I lost my Top Rated Seller status because of that.  Couldn't stand to wait in the long lines to scan a couple packages, so just dropped them in their bin.  Just not worth all the effort to jump through the many hoops eBay wants you to in order to earn this TRS status now, especially considering they've dropped the discount from 20% to only 10% - my time is worth much more than the 10% in fees I'll save per month.  20 hours waiting in line at the post office per month or 10% discount?

As long as you ship the package out quickly and your customers are happy with the delivery time, that is all that matters.  Ebay is just trying to get greedy by withdrawing the TRS status and discounts from many of their hard working sellers by doing this.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Late shipment rate Transaction period

Agree with Kostasd.

But there is one thing that might help. You say it was lower a few days ago, eBay's tracking system for on time metrics lags behind actual acceptance scans. By the next review period, that may just go back down.

Anyway, the scan form is something you print when you finish printing your lables on eBay. You need to check the box at the bottom before you start and print the form at the end. It won't help you not have to stand in line, but the clerk will only have to scan the one page if you have a lot of packages. They scan it and hand it back to you and it enters the acceptance for all the packages. You can also elect for package pick up and have the carrier scan the one sheet upon pickup.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply