cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item shipped on time, tracked and delivered-but buyer didn't get it

Hi,

A buyer ordered an item I shipped the next day, and it tracked to NYC and was marked as delivered. However, he never received it and thinks it may have been taken. Do I open the request, or does the buyer? How do I, the seller, get refunded?

Amy

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If they filed an INR (item not received claim) then upload tracking to the claim. Buyers are responsible for providing a secure delivery location. Sellers are not responsible for refunds when a package is successfully delivered.

Whether they filed an INR or not you can send them a message.

Buyer,

According to tracking [number/carrier], your package was delivered on [date].

Check with your neighbors to see if someone else picked up the package by mistake. If you come to the conclusion that the package was stolen, you can file a report with the police and USPS. If theft is a pattern in your area, you may want to look into more secure delivery options such as a PO box, or having packages delivered to a friend/family member or your work address.

Seller

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If the buyer thinks it was stolen after it was delivered, they are pretty much out of luck.

They can file mail theft and a police report, but it won't get the item or money back.

As long as tracking shows it was delivered, you won't have to refund.

Buyer can contact the carrier and find out if it was delivered to their address.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 3
latest reply