cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Shipped by Doordash

I just... had an eBay item delivered to me by Doordash. It wasn't a food item and I'm kind of mystified as to what happened.

One, I was texted by the dasher - my number is *not* on our doordash account -- and two, it was a single item, so how was that profitable for the dasher? I like to tip well, and I'm really uncomfortable with the idea that the dasher wasn't tipped at all besides the pittance doordash gives (and I have no way of knowing).

Thoughts, anyone? What the heck just happened (other than drop shipping, I know that's technically what happened).

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Item Shipped by Doordash

@loudmanslover wrote:

One, I was texted by the dasher - my number is *not* on our doordash account -- and two, it was a single item, so how was that profitable for the dasher?

Maybe the doordasher was your seller. Would have been best to just ask him while he was at your door. 

As for how he got your number - it is listed in the purchase details for the item you bought.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Item Shipped by Doordash

Well, I've just sat down to a post that's a totally new one for me. I'm on the edge of my seat...

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Item Shipped by Doordash

What does the tracking on your order for the item say?

Any chance it was a WalMart order and not eBay? Just checking because I've ordered something from WalMart before (not grocery) and 20 minutes later it was on my front porch in a WalMart bag and I was like. . .what the heck just happened.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

Item Shipped by Doordash

Oh, yep. I do know that the *seller* has my number, but how odd/what are the chances that the seller was close enough or even the right state to be my dasher? I was asleep when the dasher came by and they did indeed "dash" quickly off. Add that to the fact that I was wrangling my barking dog away from the door and there was no way to ask them. They were gone too quickly. 

This is a strange one. Also, I thought Doordash was only for food...

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Item Shipped by Doordash

There's no tracking number added, doesn't even say it's been shipped yet. 

LOL! Goodness knows my sleep has been off lately, but I'm 100% positive this was an eBay order only. 

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Item Shipped by Doordash

That's a foolish way to ship. With no tracking the seller is at risk of losing their item and $. The transaction is going to count against them in seller stats, as it will not show shipped/delivered.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Item Shipped by Doordash

I immediately thought (among other things) that if they encountered an unscrupulous buyer they're gonna be in trouble. 

I'm just kinda unnerved that they may have given my phone number out without my permission.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

Item Shipped by Doordash

@loudmanslover wrote:

I immediately thought (among other things) that if they encountered an unscrupulous buyer they're gonna be in trouble. 

I'm just kinda unnerved that they may have given my phone number out without my permission.

I agree, I wouldn't be happy about that at all. 

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Item Shipped by Doordash

You don't say what kind of label is on the package. 

???

Here's an imaginary scenario for you to consider:

Maybe your mail carrier's truck has broken down (as they so often do!) and they know it will be some time before the mail on board can be delivered... so the mail carrier passed the package off to the DoorDash guy who was passing through the neighborhood.   (Apparently they know each other from the gun range they both go to twice a month.)  The DoorDash guy is also delivering other packages for that mail carrier, since he's in a bind, and the mail carrier has promised the DoorDash guy some personal compensation for his trouble, so no worries there! 

How's that working for you?  Makes sense to me!

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Item Shipped by Doordash

@loudmanslover wrote:

I just... had an eBay item delivered to me by Doordash. It wasn't a food item and I'm kind of mystified as to what happened.

What kind of label was on the package? Was it a printed eBay label? Is the return address local to you? If you go back and look at the original listing, is the item location somewhere close to you?

I'm thinking that the seller just did a local delivery to you to save himself the cost of shipping (what Shipping method is shown in the listing? Was it Free?), and he wasn't too concerned about the lack of tracking or Delivery Confirmation on the order.

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Item Shipped by Doordash

Why would you ask about tracking? The buyer has it. The buyer shouldn't  care what tracking says unless they're planning to seize the moment to get a refund. Don't  put any ideas in their head.

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Item Shipped by Doordash

@fab_finds4u wrote:

Why would you ask about tracking? The buyer has it. The buyer shouldn't  care what tracking says unless they're planning to seize the moment to get a refund. Don't  put any ideas in their head.

Because I was wondering if DoorDash provided a tracking number and/or if the seller supplied a tracking number at all and/or if some other mistake was made, seeing how this is a particularly unusual situation. 

Why would you automatically assume the OP is a criminal, waiting with bated breath for a suggestion that would allow them to engage in fraudulent activities? Don't put any ideas about the OP in everyone else's heads.

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Item Shipped by Doordash

I already replied about other buyers "seizing the moment " to get a refund - in a negative fashion, above. So this is not only defamation but ridiculous, as I've clearly posted about the topic (proof I've received it) besides. Yes, I know some buyers are expletives but so are some sellers - am I to think the same of all of them because I was scammed quite a few times by them as well?

There was no tracking. I'm not concerned about not receiving the item or scamming the seller, I'm concerned about other things like the dasher not getting tipped and phone number being given out without my consent.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Item Shipped by Doordash

Dashers sometimes slap a receipt on them items when you order, but there was only a strange sticker on this one that had a barcode, my last name & the time it was - possibly looks like ordered from DD, seeing as it says 10:00 & it was 11:00 when I received the item.

I've never seen a sticker like that on anything else DD has delivered! So odd.

Thanks, BTW ~ I know quite a few sellers get jaded by bad buyers but I try to be a good human. I also used to sell online here. I'm not screaming & freaking out about this, or being, well, like someone who would do something like... that. XD You aaaalllll know the type, lol.

Message 15 of 30
latest reply