cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an external website to search usernames and leave negative feedback?

Just processed two returns. One the buyer broke the item and claimed that it happened during shipping; I won't describe part of the item that was broken, but it's impossible that it happened during shipping. The second, the buyer stole parts from the item and returned it. Now I sold a $700 camera to a user with (17) feedback and I think I have to just cancel the order because we can't even leave negative feedback in instances like this to know if we should proceed with a sale. We really aren't protected whatsoever. If the site to leave negative feedback for buyers doesn't exist, someone really should make it... Obviously eBay doesn't want us canceling sales to buyers with negative feedback.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Is there an external website to search usernames and leave negative feedback?

@flownzone 

There are all kinds of sites where you can leave negative feedback for bad buyers, just not on Ebay.

Don't know what good they do though?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Re: Is there an external website to search usernames and leave negative feedback?

I wouldn't trust any such site, as a buyer or as a seller.   Anybody could leave anything for spite.   There would be no checking for the validity of any FB left.  Totally worthless!

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Sites where eBay sellers can go to leave negative feedback for eBay buyers? That is what I meant if the question was misunderstood. If there was one popular site that sellers were made aware of, then we could probably put an end to at least some of the return fraud running rampant on here. eBay doesn't care about us obviously; they're getting 10% without assuming any of the risk. It'd be nice if we could all band together and get something like this going if it doesn't already exist.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

If someone purchases something from you and you see two, maybe even one, negative feedback from sellers stating that they returned the wrong item or stole parts from an item, wouldn't you cancel the order? Instead we report the buyers and have no idea if anything even happens. All at our own expense too.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Buyers can do that on eBay directly to sellers. It still evens the playing field. Of course if there was a way to integrate verification of purchases to the site that would be preferred. 

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Also, a majority of buyers are not sellers, so the benefit of sellers going to such a site to leave false negative feedback of buyers seems unlikely.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@flownzone wrote:

If someone purchases something from you and you see two, maybe even one, negative feedback from sellers stating that they returned the wrong item or stole parts from an item, wouldn't you cancel the order?

I never check my buyers feedback.

Since buyers can only receive positive feedback, what good does it do to check it.

When I look at feedback and see a seller left a negative comment for a buyer, the only thing I pay attention to is the seller violating the feedback policy.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

It's a hypothetical... If we could leave negative feedback for buyers and you sold a $1000 item to them, you wouldn't check their feedback before shipping the item?

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Also, I'm confused. Where are you seeing these negative comments left by the seller?

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Sometimes he leaves positive reviews, but with negative text.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

There are a ton of Facebook groups for it.

I just saw some massively funny drama on one. Gal goes in claiming a buyer ripped her off, the buyer happened to be in the group, and after both sides came out, it turned out the seller was selling selling fakes. The seller resorted to name calling, and the buyer kept it classy 

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

the feedback system is quite broken.   When eBay changed it so all a seller can do is leave positive feedback, it removed the value of feedback in my opinion.   While Positive FB is all well and good, negative feedback (when truthful and not vindictive) is more valuable, especially when considering the sale of expensive merchandise.  

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Three words,

block bidder list...

No need to continue the ugly. Think of all the people that go to a brick and mortar store and end up costing them thousands, no need to shout it from the roof tops. The costs of selling are sometimes not the expected ones, unfortunately.  Selling is not an easy business. 

I wish you success in all your continued sales,

Grandma 

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Isn't the practice of leaving text comment on feedback for a buyer against eBay policy? 

Message 15 of 20
latest reply