cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International parcel shows delivered buyer says it's not

So i sent an item to Italy.

Tracking shows it was delivered in 1st of March...the same day the buyer contacted me he doesn't like/doesn't want the item any more.  I was checking my options and wanted to offer him to return it if it is unopened, but on the 7th he opened an "item not received" case saying he didn't get it even tho it shows delivered.

Am i safe if the tracking shows delivered, or should i point out in the case he even messaged me about the item on the delivery day?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: International parcel shows delivered buyer says it's not

Respond to the dispute with the tracking number; since the tracking info shows that it was delivered, Seller Protection should kick in and you'll win the dispute automatically.

It's not unknown for inexperienced buyers to file the wrong type of dispute; your buyer may have intended to claim Significantly Not As Described instead of Item Not Received. His problem if that's what he did; eBay won't let you open one and then the other. It has to be either/or.

But save the messages, just in case.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Honestly i think hes outright lying because he added the comment to the case when opened it: "I have not received the item even if it is delivered"

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@malibutomiwrote:

Honestly i think hes outright lying because he added the comment to the case when opened it: "I have not received the item even if it is delivered"

Perhaps. Or perhaps the package was stolen off of his doorstep or misdelivered, as happens all too often here. The package would still be scanned as delivered.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply