cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shipping not recognizing dimentions properly

Non of my global shipping settings transferred to international shipping.  When I called to find out why, I learned I had to set-up shipping policies.  However, once established the international shipping program doesn't recognize the package dimensions accurately; it flags a 6 lb package 48x4x4 as not eligible.

I've tried on other listings and they don't apply the policy correctly either. 

I've called for help and they said they would submit a ticket; but no resolution for 36 hours.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: International Shipping not recognizing dimentions properly

How do you know size is the issue?

Those dimensions/weight are within the EIS limits. More likely, the problem is items being blocked based on category/condition. A lot of sellers have reported more blocks with EIS than GSP, especially used auto parts.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Posting the EIS limits as a reference point:

• Packages should not exceed:
    • 44 lbs. billable weight for every country except Canada (maximum billable weight for Canada is 66 lbs.)
    • 48 inches in length, 118 inches in length + girth (Girth = 2 x width + 2 x height)
GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

The error message says the dimentions need to be fixed...

Blocking tail lights, I guess I don't see the point?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Can you post a screenshot of the error message? Are you sure it's related to EIS and not domestic shipping?

If you have an item number of a live listing, can you post that, too?

GLORIOUS!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

keikosman_1-1683582123133.png

link for item is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/255525905199

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thanks - can you also go in to biz policies, edit "box policy" and post a screenshot of that?

GLORIOUS!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

keikosman_0-1683589877606.png

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thanks. It looks like the problem is with your business policy. You have eBay International Standard Delivery (EISD) selected.

Check out this short video and make the necessary adjustments to the biz policy for eBay International Shipping (EIS). If this doesn't resolve the issue, come back and let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jas4leiIt4k

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Removed the EISD and selected no international shipping as required by the video.  Still same errors.

keikosman_0-1683598686904.pngkeikosman_1-1683598707481.png

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I'm not sure what's going on. Nothing in those settings is standing out at this point. Policy looks clean, package dimensions and weight are within the limits of every service being offered.

What happens if you remove Priority Mail from that biz policy - can you get the changes to take?

Aside from changing the international shipping setting, the addition of Priority Mail is the main difference of what that listing offers now vs the policy you're trying to apply.

Another thing I'd try, and I'd probably do this first:
Since that listing doesn't have a sales history, I'd consider ending it and creating a new listing from scratch (no sell similar, no relist) - enter package dimensions and weight plus the biz policy you want to apply.

Actually, you can attempt to create a duplicate listing before ending that one, just to see if the same error will appear. If the new listing goes through you can immediately end the current one. If it kicks out the same error then we'll know the issue is not stemming from data somewhere within that listing or the biz policy.

GLORIOUS!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply