cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shipping Label Creation Fails Every Time on 2018-01-20 and later. Error Code: 64541

Each time I try to print an international postage mailing label for a First Class package shipping I get the same error message below.

"We're having trouble printing your label. We had a problem retrieving the label.

[Error: 64541-Content type Documents is only supported for First Class Mail International]"

eBay Support does not give much detail on the matter.  Agents and Supervisors tried to resort to canned responses over a few different calls.  They even attempted to push me off to PayPal support without any reason.

On a subsequent call I recevied a little more detail. By not much. Below is the eBay Support response when I asked them to create a ticket for tracking and send it to my eBay Messaging inbox.  An aside for this issue is even the creation of that eBay support ticket took several attempts before the agent was able to accomplish the request.

"Ticket Request SR# 1-144654574449 

Hello [xxxx],

Since eBay is receiving an update from USPS we are currently working on the features and types of services in our website.

This update is with reference to Printing shipping label issue related to message: "Error: 64541-Content type Documents is only supported for First Class Mail International" ticket reference to SR # 1-144654574449. We will do our best for our online fxes as fast as we can to avoid any future website issues. We will send you some updates if it's necessary.

eBay

THREAD ID: 1-144654574449 "

eBay Document ID: 52896250007

eBay is committed to your privacy. Read our user agreement and privacy notice. Learn how to recognize fake (spoof) emails.

Copyright © 2017 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125."

BTW.  It seems PayPal is also having the same issue when I try to print an international postage mailing label using PayPal shipping.  When the attempt is made on the PayPal site the process to print the label fails.   So eBay Support' attempt on one call to push me off to PayPal Support was a useless action on their part.

Perhaps the entire back end server platform both eBay and PayPal use to create international postage mailing labels has failed during on of their internal updates?

Anyone else seeing these issues on eBay and PayPal?

-Vectrexer
Message 1 of 82
latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

International Shipping Label Creation Fails Every Time on 2018-01-20 and later. Error Code: 64541

Go to the USPS website and use click and ship . I just printed a first class international label .  takes 100 times longer but beats going to the post office. 

Message 31 of 82
latest reply

SAME ISSUE.

If you select under "type of item in package" to "Document", it will let you print label.

What happened is USPS separated International First Class Mail Package and International First Class Envelope into two separate categories but eBay did not change it on their site therefore USPS will not allow anyone to print labels unless you select "Documents" as type of items in package. eBay is aware of the problem but the question is how long will it take them to fix it. All we can do is wait until they fix this. I have been using stamps.com software to print the labels so I won't have any late shipments; even though it costs more there to print the labels.

Message 32 of 82
latest reply

They pushed me off to Pay Pal as well. They said discounts would apply , tried it., NOT. Then I called back. They said take it to the Post Office. **bleep**.....no discounts. When they know things like this are coming up why don't they gear for it. This is getting to be a pain. I have International packages to go. Then they said I would get dunged on my DSR as well for not mailing in my time frame.,.,...,This just goes to show you that all that **bleep** about guaranteed delivery is a bunch of bunk. They mess with algorithims and they pick and choose who sells and who does not.
Message 33 of 82
latest reply

Actually do any of them KNOW anything. Canned remarks.
Message 34 of 82
latest reply

WHAT........No more FC International.......what will that do to sales.
Message 35 of 82
latest reply

I am with you. ETSY is a good choice

Message 36 of 82
latest reply

I asked the same question. The rep said yes. Go to the post office and upload the tracking.......That is **bleep**
Message 37 of 82
latest reply

I hear ya. I dumped Global Shipping because it was toooooo expensive and would not combine. But let the Chinese get all the free stuff.
Message 38 of 82
latest reply

They told me my DSR would go down if I did not ship in time.......MY FAULT......I do not think so.
Message 39 of 82
latest reply

I couldn't print the shipping label to Japan on eBay and PayPal too since yesterday afternoon. After reading those people complanes about the same problem, I went to USPS web and I've just printed it!

So glad!

Message 40 of 82
latest reply

If you sign into your USPS.com postal account or make one account and click on "click and ship" you will be able to print first class international labels. 

Message 41 of 82
latest reply

@vectrexer wrote:

Anyone else seeing these issues on eBay and PayPal? 

Yes, just tried to print a first class package int'l label thru ebay, paypal and shipsaver. All failed with error messages given.

Message 42 of 82
latest reply

Same here. I'm sure ebay will be happy to penalize my seller rating for not shipping in time thanks to their glitch.

Message 43 of 82
latest reply

We have three international orders to ship and we get the same reply on each of them. Glad to find your thread on this. Thank you
Message 44 of 82
latest reply

I got no problems printing First Class International (Package) as long as I change the category to (Document) which in my case is pretty close to the truth since I sell photos AKA photographic literature. But if I use merchandise the label will not print.

Peace, Duane Bass

(1st Armored Division 1971 - 73)

Message 45 of 82
latest reply