cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shipment

If I sold an item going to another country (eBay shipping to the buyer) I indicated item is 4 pounds but shipping using USPS flat rate box, but with a box it is over 4 pounds.  So if I ship it in a flat rate box with the buyer get the item or not if the item with box is 5 pounds instead of 4?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

International Shipment

Yes flat rate is if it fits it ships up to 70lbs.

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

International Shipment

so flat rate applies to other countries as well?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

International Shipment

@pablo_diablo_treasures wrote:

so flat rate applies to other countries as well?

Yes. If you look at the box it clearly says for domestic and international shipping.

HOWEVER you might want to also pull a quote for a 5 pound box by regular priority mail (not flat rate). You may find that regular postage is cheaper than flat rate. In which case you would use some box other than the flat rate.

For example going to the UK

a regular 5 pound box is $80.00

A medium FRB is $86.00

a large FRB is $112.00

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

International Shipment

Flat Rate is a fortune shipping international. You stating 'ebay shipping' sounds like you mean GSP; item should ship in a 'weighed' box to Kentucky, and you should be SURE to have the correct size and weight in the listing so GSP charges the customer correctly

(Flat Rate does NOT compute in the GSP program)

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

International Shipment

That is what I am confused about, I am shipping it to Kentucky.  If I am using Regional Box B, will eBay open my box and repackage in their own box?  If the weight is over 4 pounds together with the box will they charge me or the buyer any extra for the shipping?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

International Shipment

Actually not sure as I don't ship internationally but i saw USPS flat rate which can be up to 70lbs for the same price...Sorry!

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 7 of 7
latest reply