cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insuring package going to Canada

Is there a way to insure an Ebay Standard international Delivery package going to Canada ABOVE the given $100 they apparently cover? I do not see an option for adding more insurance on the shipping form page. Also, I googled something about them covering up to $400 somehow... is this true and under what circumstances/options? I do see the option for adding additional insurance with First Class Package International but was hoping to add to Ebay Standard. I need at least $300 in coverage for a 5oz package.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

"Is there a way to insure an Ebay Standard international Delivery package going to Canada ABOVE the given $100 they apparently cover?"

No, $100 is the max.

"I do not see an option for adding more insurance on the shipping form page. Also, I googled something about them covering up to $400 somehow... is this true and under what circumstances/options?"

No and none.

"I do see the option for adding additional insurance with First Class Package International but was hoping to add to Ebay Standard. I need at least $300 in coverage for a 5oz package."

I wouldn't recommend First Class Int'l for a high value small package. The best way to ship it would probably be USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope, Padded Envelope, or Small Box (all about the same price). That would include insurance up to $200, then you could add on ShipCover insurance for the remaining value.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I have no idea how to add the insurance as I don’t use US labels but the eBay international delivery info page does say….

• $100 shipping protection plan

You also have the option of purchasing additional parcel insurance via third party parcel insurance providers such as U-Pic or InsurePost.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply