cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inflated shipping rates?

AM SICK OF THESE JOKERS INFLATING SHIPPING PRICES JUST TO MAKE UP FOR THE ITEM COST, THATS WHEN WE ALL SHOULD PASS IT BY AND LOOK FOR SOMEONE WHO DOESNT RIPP YA OFF

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Inflated shipping rates?

...or just shop total price to begin with.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Inflated shipping rates?

I shop total price. 

Also I mostly sell using Free Shipping. From your post I would bet that you think that is a good deal, but most sellers that do use Free Shipping are factoring the postage in at what it takes to ship to zone 8.  So if it will cost me $15 to ship and item to zone 8, I add that to my other expenses. If you come along and buy it and you are in say zone 2 and it costs me $7 to ship it to you guess where the extra $8 goes? Into my pocket, and you still think you got a deal. 

Bottom line. Shop total price because it does not matter where the money is going, what matters is the amount coming out of your pocket.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Inflated shipping rates?

"Sort: Price + Shipping: lowest first" is your friend.  That pushes all the listings with  $20 shipping on small $1 items to the bottom of the list, where they belong. 

The bigger problem I see is the sellers who list mutiple items in one listing, with a cheap 1 cent item (which is usually not even avalible) combined with expensive items. So the 1 cent item  makes their listing the cheapest. unamused I wish eBay could do something about that.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Inflated shipping rates?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply