cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If someone bought something from Hawaii and I live in Colorado can I charge extra for shipping

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If someone bought something from Hawaii and I live in Colorado can I charge extra for shipping

You can only charge what your listing specifies.

For example: I checked a zip code in Honolulu and it was $100.....so that is all you can charge.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@jihowar  

-If you offer Free shipping the answer is no

-If you use the Calculated setting AND have Alaska and Hawaii turned on for places you ship to then the system automatically adjusts for those Buyers, they see the increased shipping cost.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

If you use eBay's shipping, calculated shipping, it will charge the customer based on their zip code.  So someone in Colorado will pay less than someone in Hawaii or Florida.

That way, you don't pay extra (because you cannot charge extra), they do.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

It appears you have had 4 listings end recently.....

2 of them had Free Shipping so you can't charge shipping to them
2 of them had a flat $100 shipping....so you can't charge more than $100

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Someone bought something *from* Hawaii and you are in Colorado, and you want to know if you can charge them extra? Is this coming from Hawaii to Colorado? or vice versa?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Colorado to Hawaii

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@jihowar 

No, you can't charge more after it's sold.

Have a great day.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@jihowar wrote:

Colorado to Hawaii

It appears you have had 4 listings end recently.....

2 of them had Free Shipping so you can't charge shipping to them
2 of them had a flat $100 shipping....so you can't charge more than $100

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

As the others have indicated, you cannot change the shipping cost after the item is Sold.

If you want to charge an incremental cost for buyers in HI and AK, you need to do that when you set up your listing. You can either set up calculated shipping (based on the weight and dimensions of your package) so that each buyer is charged according to their location, or you can set up shipping tables which will allow you to offer free shipping to some locations but charge an incremental fee for others.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply