cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRN Case - Item in Transit

I had a case opened against me a couple days ago because the item had not arrived. At the time, USPS had no tracking info uploaded. I filed a case with USPS as well as a missing package and all info was sent to the buyer. 

At 2am this morning tracking was finally updated, item is in FL (but is suppose to be going to SC). Tomorrow the buyer is able to escalate the case. 

I called Ebay as soon as the case was opened (because I had issues replying), and asked what I should do when it comes time for the buyer to escalate the case.  The customer service rep said I should call ebay before prodiving a refund. I should mention I have no problem providing a refund. 

If the item is now in transit and shows movement, is ebay allowed to provide an extension? I had also asked what would happen if I provided a refund but the item then gets delivered. They said I can mark it as unpaid and to call them to get that part sorted out but what I am reading online is not the same. 

What have you done in this situation? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ask for an extension.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Call ebay now and get the case extended. And customer service is giving out bad info again. You can't just mark the item unpaid, call and get it sorted out. If you WERE to issue a refund, you would do it THROUGH the INR case and your ebay fees would be credited. There is no marking and unmarking items paid.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I called ebay and cannot extend the case until tomorrow which is when the case will get escalated. She said she was going to personally take care of it and extend the case for 10 business days and I would get a notification. (Of course, I will be following up on this ASAP tomorrow). 

Should the item not arrive within 10 business days I will need to refund (which I am fine with, I understand). If the item gets delivered after the 10 days/after I refund I can appeal it and the appeal team will figure out if I get my money back or not. I have all proof that it is a USPS issue, I have filed a case with USPS and missing package (when it showed no tracking info).  If I don't get my money or product back we're going to have a problem..... 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply