cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING IS NOT WORKING FOR ME, "Keeps saying try again later

Why won't it let me purchase shipping internationally.  It keeps saying;

"It was not possible to generate the label. Something is wrong. Please try again later"

WHats up ebay, yall working on this?
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING IS NOT WORKING FOR ME, "Keeps saying try again later

Usually the 'try again later' is an internal service having problems, but if the problem persists, share some details of the shipping setups. There has been a lot going on with the new EIS shipping features.

FYI, eBay wont see posts here, we are fellow buyer/sellers volunteering to help where we can. If you need immediate help, best to reach out via chat, facebook for business or twitter for support.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

I'm having the same problem.  I have a 26 pound package going to Japan and have been trying to print a label since Friday.  I called Ebay this morning and they figured it was a glitch on their part, but could not give me a timeframe for it to be fixed...said it could take up to a week!  Ugh

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

We could go through steps to figure out if it was EIS trying to send things to the Intl Shipping hub or if it was something in your own shipping configuration but I suspect even with those details there isnt going to be a workaround to generate the label.

I havent seen shipping label issues raised in the Technical Issues forum but there are numerous reports of problems over the weekend related to the last release deployed last week.

@wastingtime101  sorry to drag you in but is this something we should let Devon know about or are you aware of any steps we should take to make sure this gets a ticket associated with it?

Would hate for it to not have visibility or take a week for these folks stuck trying to ship to customers.

Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

I've read quite a few posts about people not being able to print ebay standard international labels.

devon@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

I don't see anything on the tech board about problems with ebay international labels, has their been a problem reported?  The last month or so I have been seeing posts from sellers unable to print a label for this service.

@bad*kitty*vintage  Your listings show that you are shipping with usps international, are you having problems printing those labels or are having you been trying to use ebay international standard labels?

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I've read quite a few posts about people not being able to print ebay standard international labels.

devon@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

I don't see anything on the tech board about problems with ebay international labels, has their been a problem reported?  The last month or so I have been seeing posts from sellers unable to print a label for this service.

@bad*kitty*vintage  Your listings show that you are shipping with usps international, are you having problems printing those labels or are having you been trying to use ebay international standard labels?

Hi @pjcdn2005 & @wakin219 . We currently have an active site issue regarding this (Alert14466) which I am getting added to the tech board now. I will get everyone experiencing this added to the ticket right away. 

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Thank you @pjcdn2005 and elizabeth@ebay . Great to have your help!

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

Hi @pjcdn2005 & @wakin219 . We currently have an active site issue regarding this (Alert14466) which I am getting added to the tech board now. I will get everyone experiencing this added to the ticket right away. 

Can you provide more clarity on this elizabeth@ebay?

Alert 14466 has been on the pinned tech post for about 6 weeks with the following info:

Sellers are unable to purchase eBay shipping labels (February 20, 2023)
Reference ID: ALERT14466

Provide Member ID:

Provide Order Number: 

We were previously told by Devon this ticket was for sellers unable to purchase eBay Standard Envelope labels (trading cards, coins, postcards, etc).

Now you've added different info/date with the same alert number and are saying it's for eBay International Standard Delivery labels?

Sellers are unable to purchase eBay shipping labels (March 27, 2023)

Provide Seller ID: 

Provide Order number: 

Provide Shipping label:

Provide Screenshot:

Provide Error message:

ALERT 14466 is listed twice on the pinned tech post with different info which is confusing.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Since @bad*kitty*vintage offered USPS on their listings, their buyers would have paid enough to cover a USPS international package label.

But for the OP @wakin219 that offered eBay International Standard Delivery, they're kind of stuck as their buyers paid the EISD label rate. There are different things they could do including:

- Purchase a USPS label which will cost more, if it's a large difference they can contact eBay CS and ask if they will credit the difference when they add their account to the site wide ticket.

- Sign up for international shipping through PirateShip which has rates comparable to EISD.

- Try a different browser. If using the app try the web browser and vice versa. Most sellers are reporting this hasn't helped with issues purchasing EISD labels (or ESE labels), but it's still worth trying since it's easy to do.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

Can you provide more clarity on this elizabeth@ebay?

Alert 14466 has been on the pinned tech post for about 6 weeks with the following info:

Sellers are unable to purchase eBay shipping labels (February 20, 2023)

Provide Member ID:

Provide Order Number: 

We were previously told by Devon this ticket was for sellers unable to purchase eBay Standard Envelope labels (trading cards, coins, postcards, etc).

Now you've added different info/date with the same alert number and are saying it's for eBay International Standard Delivery labels?

Sellers are unable to purchase eBay shipping labels (March 27, 2023)

Provide Seller ID: 

Provide Order number: 

Provide Shipping label:

Provide Screenshot:

Provide Error message:

ALERT 14466 is listed twice on the pinned tech post with different info which is confusing.

Good morning @wastingtime101. It appears they've updated the Alert # with the international label issues as well. I see the ESE is still attached to the alert too. They've also updated the date since then with the new info. I hope this helps

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Both!!!  I called Ebay yesterday and it is a glitch on their end.  They said it could take up to a week to fix.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Wastingtime101...I can't print a USPS International Label either...I am going to go to the USPS site and try to get my label printed.  Since it was such a large order, the box weighs 26 pounds, and this is a repeat buyer, I helped with the postage.  I need to change my settings to Ebay International labels though.  Thanks!!!  

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@bad*kitty*vintage wrote:

Wastingtime101...I can't print a USPS International Label either...I am going to go to the USPS site and try to get my label printed.  Since it was such a large order, the box weighs 26 pounds, and this is a repeat buyer, I helped with the postage.  I need to change my settings to Ebay International labels though.  Thanks!!!  

What service are you choosing @bad*kitty*vintage? The limit for First Class Package International is 4 lbs. At 26 lbs you'd have to upgrade to Priority Mail International.

I don't recommend purchasing at USPS.com as you will pay much higher (retail) rates. Instead, go to pirateship.com or to paypal.com/shipnow to access commercial/online rates.

GLORIOUS!

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Good morning @wastingtime101. It appears they've updated the Alert # with the international label issues as well. I see the ESE is still attached to the alert too. They've also updated the date since then with the new info. I hope this helps

Thanks for the added info elizabeth@ebay, that's helpful. It appears eBay made a connection between issues purchasing ESE and EISD labels. If possible, it would be great if your team could edit the pinned tech post so the ALERT isn't duplicated, and also to specify which shipping services are affected (unless it's all of them).

My recommendation to sellers affected by this has primarily been to purchase shipping labels elsewhere. Does eBay have any official recommendations of what sellers should do when they run into this error, aside from purchasing labels from another postage provider or to try again later? The issue's been ongoing for nearly 2 months and for ESE in particular there isn't a comparable tracked service.

GLORIOUS!

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Thanks wastingtime101....I did offer Priority International (this is third large purchase from this buyer) but nothing would work so unfortunately, I had to go USPS in order to get the package out today....I've been trying since Friday.  It did cost me $18 more than what Ebay International would have cost.  I just hope this gets fixed soon.  I now have a Canadian order, so we'll see what happens.  Thanks for your advice!!!

Message 15 of 25
latest reply