cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I've been scammed.

I bought an item that was supposed be something else.   I was shipped an item that was not the item eBay said was sent and I received the item today.  The user says the item is shipped from California but the package I received came from Canada and did not include the correct item.  I want to receive a refund.  I would rather also receive the correct item if there was a mistake made.  I sent the seller a message to which they have not responded.  There is a return label which can be used to send this back to the seller but again, I am quite confused because the address is in CANADA, not CALIFORNIA, and the return address is a DIFFERENT CANADIAN ADDRESS than the address I received the item from.  I feel like I am being scammed.  Somebody help.  Please.

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: I think I've been scammed.

The Return address on the Label is CANADA and they have it listed on eBay that they are shipping from California.  I took a screenshot.  Also, the item I received came from a Canadian address when the user claims to be shipping from California.

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

The return label that has the Canada return address, is it from Ebay or it the one you said was included in the package.

Have a great day
Message 17 of 46
latest reply

It's from eBay there was no return label in the package.

Message 18 of 46
latest reply

I'm trying to convert to .jpg

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

This is the return label I received from eBay to Ontario, Canada.

Message 20 of 46
latest reply

That is a Cali. address, not Canada.

Have a great day
Message 21 of 46
latest reply

Thank you.  So, even though I was scammed it should be back in California by March 3rd.  Sounds good, and then assuming it gets to whichever location then I'll get my refund... Still no product, but a refund.  If I am noticing that the same pattern is occurring with another product I bought should I immediately request a cancellation?

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

@rewdboy678wrote:

Thank you.  So, even though I was scammed it should be back in California by March 3rd.  Sounds good, and then assuming it gets to whichever location then I'll get my refund... Still no product, but a refund.  If I am noticing that the same pattern is occurring with another product I bought should I immediately request a cancellation?

As long as you get it shipped by the date Ebay gave you, you will get your refund when they get the item back. I would get it in the mail as soon as you can.

You can't do anything with the other order until after the last estimated delivery date.

Have a great day
Message 23 of 46
latest reply

Thanks the only issue is... How do I print a label... Paper and Tape?  Or find a friend with a label printer?  Would paper and tape work? 

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

Thank you for addressing the other order.  I appreciate that.

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

Yes, paper and clear tape will work just fine. 

Your seller made a mistake in what they sent you, it is just an error, not any sort of scam.  You need to relax about this. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 26 of 46
latest reply

I wrote them a nice letter explaining the mistake.  They never responded.  Yeah, I obviously forgot Ontario is a province of Canada and a city in California, but I wasn't amused.  Furthermore, I want to know why they sent me what they sent me.  Why did they think I needed such and such?  Example, if I had liver failure, and they sent me a liver, but I ordered a kidney, how would they know to send me a liver?  I am beginning to feel that these automotive sites in particular and ebay in general is just not safe, period, that people can find out more about you than they should.

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

If they don't respond, then you go to the resolution center and open a Not As Described claim.  That's all you have to do.  Which you did, that was the right thing to do.  And you are not the first person to confuse Ontario, California with Ontario, Canada. 

Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 28 of 46
latest reply

As I said before, it was just an error in shipping.  It happens from time to time, especially with large sellers.  It ends up costing them money and time, and isn't something they would do on purpose. 

Now if you had bought from a seller in China - some of them would intentionally send the wrong item because they know it would be nearly impossible for you to return it without spending a ton of money.  But a US seller ends up losing out when this happens. 

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

Thank you for the ego boost.  I appreciate it.  Something still doesn't seem right though.  Why did they send me what they sent me... Why.  It's not like this was anything close to what I requested, and it's not like something I couldn't use.  I could actually use what they sent me, BUT THEY'D BE RIPPING ME OFF.  They would be charging me double for something.  I had a friend sitting next to me the whole time who swears by ebay and works for Amazon and that was the only reason I didn't order anything from China, but these are still "CHINESE", and they're still the wrong parts.  The descriptions are all in Chinese. smh

Message 30 of 46
latest reply