cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm being charged by USPS for voided shipping label dating from December 2023?!?!?

This is something I haven't encountered before in the 23 years that I have been selling on Ebay.

This week USPS charged me for 2 separate shipping labels that had been voided back in December of 2023.  Their reason was because the labels were used after they had already given me a refund...which is not true.  The labels were never used at all...but  for some reason the tracking numbers attached to the labels are showing that they were used for shipping in March of 2024.  I don't understand how that is even possible.  The labels were thrown away in December and never used...but the tracking is updating as if I mailed the packages out last week...which I did not do.

Is anyone else having this same issue?  I'm not even sure how to fight it with USPS and the only things that I can think of is that the tracking numbers are being recycled and someone else has shipped a package using the exact same tracking number...OR...it is a glitch with the USPS tracking system that is somehow providing false updates when nothing has actually been shipped.

Message 1 of 131
latest reply
130 REPLIES 130

Re: I'm being charged by USPS for voided shipping label dating from December 2023?!?!?

I’ve read over most of the info here so,  forgive me if I missed it, but what actions did you take?  Same thing happened to me this morning on labels voided 2/29 (sale canceled due to lost item)

and 3/5 (voided label due to incorrect weight).  I’ve noted Rock Star’s replies. 
Thanks and good luck!

Message 91 of 131
latest reply

Re: I'm being charged by USPS for voided shipping label dating from December 2023?!?!?

Hi kyle@ebay - several sellers reporting this morning new APV charges on previously credited voided labels. Seems USPS has not credited most sellers for the Dec/Jan fraud charges, and now sellers are getting hit with Feb/Mar fraud charges. Hopefully you can provide an update from eBay's end within the next day or so.

Message 92 of 131
latest reply

I got hit with a charge on a voided March label. Really ridiculous. These labels aren't even originating from where the labels were originally created by us. You'd think they could fix this. 

Message 93 of 131
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hi kyle@ebay - several sellers reporting this morning new APV charges on previously credited voided labels. Seems USPS has not credited most sellers for the Dec/Jan fraud charges, and now sellers are getting hit with Feb/Mar fraud charges. Hopefully you can provide an update from eBay's end within the next day or so.

Hey @wastingtime101 I have reached out to let our shipping team know that this is still occurring, and I'll be sure to pass along any new updates we get!

Kyle,
eBay
Message 94 of 131
latest reply

I have like 4-5 other voided labels. Makes me worried I’ll be charged for those at some point too. Eager to hear any news, Kyle. 

Message 95 of 131
latest reply

what about the fact that the refunds from the last round of this have still not happened, as were promised by another ebay team member. Pretty convenient you ignored that part of the question kyle@ebay 

Message 96 of 131
latest reply

just got hit today with a voided label charge, reached out to usps they said they will not refund me if the tracking shows the package moved and to contact ebay for help, i voided the label back in january and the tracking shows it was used on april 20th, i never used that label, this must be some weird glitch? 

Message 97 of 131
latest reply

2 new fresh charges for voided label this morning in addition to the original 13 that I haven't received a refund for yet. New charges follow the same patter as the old.

Message 98 of 131
latest reply

Add me to the list of people getting these charges. I woke up this morning to find a voided label. I canceled the label February 4 after the buyer canceled the order before I shipped it out.  This is insane. Screenshot 2024-05-01 130753.png

Message 99 of 131
latest reply

Same thing happened to me this morning. Should I contact USPS or eBay for a refund?

Message 100 of 131
latest reply

@castorjay wrote:

Same thing happened to me this morning. Should I contact USPS or eBay for a refund?

I wouldn't bother @castorjay . You're not going to get resolution through either of those CS channels. kyle@ebay  from eBay has been communicating with the shipping team on this and already confirmed eBay is working with USPS to get credits issued.

Apparently it's taking longer than eBay first anticipated, but as of right now I think it's safe to assume eBay will eventually get it sorted with USPS and proactively issue credits. There were recent issues with a FedEx billing error and those credits have been issued so I'm sure eBay will get this sorted, too.

Message 101 of 131
latest reply

Happened to me also! I called USPS and Ebay customer service, biggest waste of my life. Both pointed the finger at the other person. I live in Washignton state and the voided label had an origin scan at the Metro NY Dist Center. Not at all fishy.... kyle@ebay

Message 102 of 131
latest reply

Yeah, that’s why I’m not going to even bother. If it doesn’t get resolved, I can’t imagine there isn’t a class action suit against someone. This is clearly impacting a lot of people. 

Message 103 of 131
latest reply

Same thing happened to me.  Cancelled label was from February but miraculously started tracking (first scan in New York...I am in California) on April 19th and shows delivery on April 22nd.  My buyer even got notified via an update from eBay that a package was "on the way" but she says she never received anything.  The only way I figured out something weird was happening was because I got a defect for "late delivery" on the transaction.  Apparently, when the cancelled label reflected as "delivered" two months after the actual transaction, it triggered the defect 😫!

Message 104 of 131
latest reply

@lovey_to_meet_you  - Oh wow, based on your post I checked my transaction defect rate. I also was hit with a defect based on the resurrected cancelled label being "delivered."  On top of that, I see I have another defect as of 4/29 for a cancelled label that was "delivered." Undoubtedly in a few days I will receive a back charge from USPS.

I am going to contact both buyers and have them confirm they did not receive any additional packages and that the buyer cancelled the first order.  Maybe then I can at least get the defects cancelled. 

Message 105 of 131
latest reply