cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I found 12 Duplicate Shipping Labels! Why are my shipping costs so high? Is this normal?? 70%

I noticed my shipping costs were at almost seventy percent. I went looking for the issue. I had 12 duplicates in the past 90 days. I don;t know about the days before the 90 days. How are there so many exact duplicates??A glitch? I was on the phone for hours with reps. They are refunding all the duplicates. I copied and pasted all the order numbers. If I didn't see the Perfomance & Sales in my new store.One of the benfits of having a store. I would not have know. EBay rep was nice and helpful.  Anyone else having these issues. So I just have to really watch the Prefomance and Sales page and Shipping Labels??

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: I found 12 Duplicate Shipping Labels! Why are my shipping costs so high? Is this normal?? 70%

OMG. I trusted eBay's system so much. And now I have to check it up regularly then.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Re: I found 12 Duplicate Shipping Labels! Why are my shipping costs so high? Is this normal?? 70%

If you need to go back past 90 days, pull a transaction report by date range (reports in the payment tab). This has the shipping charges in the report, and you can look for duplicates that way. You can even restrict the transaction type to shipping labels to only pull that information. 

Where you able to figure out how it happened or was it just double billed?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I just ran the report and some queries. The only dupes that I can find either by tracking number, item number or order id with shipping transactions are from where there were multiple items in an order or where I was refunded for having too much weight on the label vs what the item weighed. 

Are you seeing two labels for an order or an item?

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I am looking into this problem now. One honest buyer reported this issue to me. He told me that he only purchase one item and received 2 items with different shipping labels. Today 8.19.2022 I ran a report and checked the list of shipping labels and 7 orders have been sent to buyers with basically free items that I paid for shipping.  The glitch is easy to replicate, you purchase the shipping label for product X, and when you click on print next shipping label you are presented with the same product and then you print again for the same product X and I didn't notice. I shipped several items every day.  I am depressed loss so much money on this glitch I am not sure what to do anymore. I have sent 2 more items this morning 😞 so sad and depressing

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@pacificwestmetals 

When you go to print next label for the same sale you should see this message at the top. 

Are you not seeing this when you have the item presented again?  (The red box was added by me)

blingfling123_0-1661041249556.png

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I’ve had this issue in the past without accidentally clicking the label that tries to get you to click on the purchase label a 2nd time. It’s really outrageous. 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@wrengr_35 wrote:

I noticed my shipping costs were at almost seventy percent. I went looking for the issue. I had 12 duplicates in the past 90 days. I don;t know about the days before the 90 days. How are there so many exact duplicates??A glitch? I was on the phone for hours with reps. They are refunding all the duplicates. I copied and pasted all the order numbers. If I didn't see the Perfomance & Sales in my new store.One of the benfits of having a store. I would not have know. EBay rep was nice and helpful.  Anyone else having these issues. So I just have to really watch the Prefomance and Sales page and Shipping Labels??

I had a similar issue during 2019 with 28 Shipping labels.  Do not know why but for one order I was charged for 29 Shipping Labels.  I noticed the overcharge within a few hours and called eBay.  eBay refunded 25 of the labels instantly.  It took a lot of back and forth with eBay and Pay Pal blaming each other, but eventually over a month later and several phone calls the remaining three were credited back to me by eBay.  

Computer glitches or what ever caused this can happen.  You need to keep a close eye on your account and do not let errors go unnoticed for long.

I still have a eMail from eBay addressing the issue.

stephenmorgan_2-1661053360417.png

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Have you guys tried using the "Shipping Labels" tab on the left hand side of the Seller Hub, and then used the Bulk Shipping Tool above the search bar for that list? That should prevent you from printing labels one by one and accidentally printing the same label twice manually by accident.

All labels for awaiting orders are handled all at once so you aren't doing anything that would be an accident on your end. Also prevents you from duplicatively printing a label because once it's marked shipped it no longer shows up in the bulk shipping tool.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I rarely had more than one label to print at a time. Getting more now, and yes, I do print them all after double check the weight and measurements. It does help to bulk print.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Wow!! That's Crazy!! There was one item the was charged shipping many times. I was refunded instantly for most of them. The others we had to wait for the results of the correct tracking number.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I did not get that notice that day.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I am sorry this happened to you. I've not had the issue of sending more than one item to the same person. (unless they were repeat buyers) I hope you get it all resolved. I'v found I REALLY need to stay focused at all times when shipping. Package Weight is my biggest issue now. I really have to watch. I hope all your issues get resolved.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Yes, I was seeing more than one shipping label. Different tracking numbers. It's all been resolved. I learned alot from this mistake. Thanks for your input.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I am finding alot of it is me. I am a little ADD. I really have to stay focused. Weigh before printing the label. Double check myself. Some were a glitch I never figured out. I learn from my mistakes. Much better now.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply