cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I created a USPS label with eBay. I immediately requested cancellation. When will I be refunded?

I made a mistake while ordering a USPS Priority Mail label from eBay. I immediately requested cancellation, but I still haven't been refunded.

I requested cancellation on April 17th.

It is now April 26th.

If I go to "Activity -- > Selling --> Shipping labels" to see my list of eBay provided shipping labels, the USPS label that I cancelled still reads as "Cancellation requested", 9 days after the fact.

It's been 9 days now. How much longer is it going to be, before the USPS refunds my money?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I created a USPS label with eBay. I immediately requested cancellation. When will I be refunded?

Refund for a voided postage label can take 2 - 3 weeks, because USPS won't approve the credit until they're sure that your really didn't use the label.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Voided label takes 2-3 weeks for a refund to show in your transactions.

USPS does this to ensure use or non use of voided label.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You will not be notified when you have been refunded. It will appear in your transactions list under payments.

My last cancelled label refund took only a week, which is a big difference from the 2-3 weeks in the past.

I have to admit I only rarely look for the refunds in my transactions. I trust USPS and Ebay that it will. But I have few cancelled labels and the money is small.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It will be cancelled in the timeframe it mentions when you request the cancellation: 2 to 8 weeks on average while they verify no activity will occur on the tracking number. If it shows up, expect to pay more if the service changes...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply