cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN WITH FREE RETURNS FORCED ON US AND TAKING AWAY TOP RATED DISCOUNTS

I posted this months ago, that they would force us ebay sellers to do free returns!  this is wrong.  No other marketplace does this, and ebay is trying to claim that all marketplaces do this.  Also do NOT LET THEM TELL YOU AT EBAY, That it will increase your sales!  THIS IS 1000% FALSE AND JUST FOR THEM TO PUSH THIS.  They tie you up and force you to do something. 

Ebay is the worst company now.  I can bet 10000%  that ebay stocks will drop drastically.  Does ebay not know of the Fraud that just happened with Walmart and Amazon.  These people are doing $2 million in returns fraud, and now ebay is going to facilitate this for these fraud people.

Get this, ebay 3 months ago, tried to state free returns will increase your sales 300%.  THIS IS 1000% FALSE ADVERTISMENT.  DO NOT LISTEN TO EBAY REPS.  YOUR RETURNS WILL GO THRU THE ROOF, AND CUSTOMERS WILL STILL SELECT DEFECTIVE, THEN STILL CAUSING MORE WORK FOR SELLERS TO SORT THRU THESE STUPID FRAUD RETURNS!

I told ebay 3 months ago, i can see what there doing.  They lied to me.  I told them i see that you took away 10% top rated discount, and they stated because they are going to help sellers with returns and such and make it better, but that was 100% lie.  They are trying to remove the Discount completely!

I can bet 10000%  that by end of year, there will be no more Top Rated discounts.  No more Top rated badge.  And watch how all the fraud guys on amazon and walmart come to ebay and fraud the ssystem.  and then watch sellers dissappear AGAIN! and then ebay stocks will definitly fall drastically.  Only reason why ebay is still up and running is because they are the place to shop for generic items.  Ebay doesn't get it yet, but what there doing is forcing all the good sellers to move away from ebay, and all that's left is the generic **bleep** sellers, who screw everyone, and all the negative **bleep** that comes from them, falls on us good sellers.  I have to say ebay your a piece of work for lying to me on the phone, for trying to lie 3 months previously when i called you out on forcing 30 day free returns!  

EBAY - SOON, YOU'LL BE NOTHING.  your stock shares is going to drop by half.  I can guarantee you that. 

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN WITH FREE RETURNS FORCED ON US AND TAKING AWAY TOP RATED DISCOUNTS

@dianelovesdogs wrote:

I feel it is unfair. I have worked hard for my top rated statis, even going to the post office sometimes 2 times a day.

I am so sorry and do really feel for you as well as myself

Message 46 of 73
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

Seriously?   That's unexpected ... I would be interested to know if their plan is to credit your account.

I am another seller with about 500,000 sales and 20 years.  No it doesnt mean anything EXCEPT that I do have experience and my experience says EXPECTED.  Just because of my volume I have had a number of occasions dealing with the Filipino youth hired to be our customer service reps.  

EXAMPLE: Has anyone else noticed if you get a customer file a dispute on item not received within the 5 days stated period for first class?  Since this policy came into effect I have had 3 where they file while it is in transit and get the refund from eBay - usually the day before delivery.  When the dispute closes refunding the buyer from ebay it says this:

You don't need to do anything else.
We received tracking information from you that shows the item was in transit or delivered to the buyer's address. However, the date scan is after your stated shipping and handling time. In the future, please ship your items as soon as possible. You don't need to do anything else.

Transaction information: Any remaining funds from this PayPal transaction are available.

Be aware two if these were shipped (and scanned) in under an hour after being paid and the third was next morning as they paid in the middle of the night.  Yup.  I have met the promise time every time.  Even during my days of chemo!  (thank God I can do SOMETHING right!) BUT  Have you EVER tried getting one of our customer service kids to recognize this information is WRONG?  Flat out WRONG?  Not only do they never understand what you are explaining but they actually think these kinds of things are never wrong.

Sorry but with the tiny language barrier along with average age - I just don't see EVER winning over any of the glitches invited in when you accept free returns.  I see it kind of like electric windows in the car.  Just one more unnecessary thing that can go wrong.

Message 47 of 73
latest reply

@42golfnutt wrote:

You need spell check

forget spellcheck!  I want to know what brand of coffee they are drinking.  I need some of THAT!

Message 48 of 73
latest reply

My sales have gone up since I dropped TRS+.  Coincidence or not?

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 49 of 73
latest reply

They made me pay for the return postage also. Customer had buyers remorse. I had VERY detailed pictures and stated item was not MINT and still ebay forced me to pay. I have now blocked that buyer and will NEVER sell anything to her again.

Message 50 of 73
latest reply

Thanks for the backup! Ive been talking to ebay every week, complaining, and now proving to them the problems. I never took the time to do so on so many returns before, but now ebay even answers my call by my first Name.
Message 51 of 73
latest reply

I don't think you get this topic, its not about the good old days. I sell way more now than before, and ive noticed the increase in fraud and returns, i even tested the free returns, and found a huge increase in people who lie about the return reasons, when its suppose to be opposite effect.
Message 52 of 73
latest reply

bro!,
i feel you. I tested the returns before doing that. and im going to let you know, by doing a promo and asale, is putting a target on your back if you offer free returns. YOu might as well not offer it, and you will see same amount of return if not less because people are attacking those guys with free returns.
Message 53 of 73
latest reply

Yup, you are right, I'm glad you agree with my post!
Message 54 of 73
latest reply

listen, i have another post i started to show everyone what ebay is planning, i was on the phone with them yelling at them that they lied to me why they took away the 10% first, and that i know now what they are doing. they will force everyone to do 30 day free return, and they will take away 10% discount and no more top rated seller. i gurarantee. check out my post.
Message 55 of 73
latest reply

They won't credit your account. You clicked the button for promo so they won't. that's how ebay does it. They are not amazon, they do not protect sellers.
Message 56 of 73
latest reply

Please don't sell here for the "badges". First of all, no one cares if you have one or not. Second, it's just a n indicator to scammers that you are willing to jump through hoops aflame to get it.

Don't respect that badge.
Message 57 of 73
latest reply

I read part and looked over the rest...and really all I get out of this is.....

isn't say 100% enough to make a point? 100% and 10000%.... 

In the end EBAY tells you do do nothing...you decide...use the site with there rules or don't...all up you.

and i bet a million percent that I'm right about this at least 100% of the time.

Message 58 of 73
latest reply

Ebay says the buyer is always right, and they can never do wrong. Ebay is only looking for more ways to make money. We are suppose to pay for free shipping and eat the free shipping when someone changed their mind or didn't read the listing.

Message 59 of 73
latest reply

I don't want any part of Ebay's hassle free returns. We are changing our listing to No Returns and probably removing free shipping it's figured into the price anyway, hope that works. I would rather pay higher fees than lose money because someone didn't read or changed there mind. As always if it is our mistake we will pay all costs that's only right. But if it's the buyer mistake why should I have to pay for there mistake that's only right.

Message 60 of 73
latest reply