cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with MIA seller!

US seller did not have international shipping set up. I enquire with said seller the shipping charges on an item to the UK. He replies $20-30. Eventually I send a best offer, he counters and I accept.

I request an invoice to be sent with shipping charges to be included. I wait 48 hours, no reply. I follow up with another request. A week later I ask if there’s any issue. Crickets. No replies, no communication whatsoever.

I’m left with an unpaid item which keen to pay for and looking for advice on what to do next?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Help with MIA seller!

Did you reach out to eBay CS team? I don't think so you can cancel the order/purchase made already.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Help with MIA seller!

Another thing you can try is, you can go to "MyeBay" and click "pay now" you should be able to see the shipping charges in the checkout screen.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Help with MIA seller!

Not yet. It’s just I’m really keen to pay for and receive the item. I’d hoped I could resolve directly with the seller.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Help with MIA seller!

I’ve tried that, the following message appears;

“This seller didn't include postage costs to your location. Please contact the seller or change your address”

I appreciate the suggestions

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Help with MIA seller!

@schidamb wrote:

Did you reach out to eBay CS team? I don't think so you can cancel the order/purchase made already.

@schidamb @sinjonsmythe001 Customer service can’t do anything in this situation. 

You can’t click “pay now” to see the shipping charges because.....the seller never specified any! Which is why you need an invoice.

all you can do is wait and see what the seller does. He has I think 32 days from when then auction ended to file an unpaid item case. If he does file it, just appeal it after you get the strike. If he doesn’t file it, it will eventually age off your purchase history. The unpaid item won’t harm your account unless the seller files the unpaid item case and like I said, it can be appealed and the strike removed. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Help with MIA seller!

@sinjonsmythe001 wrote:

I’ve tried that, the following message appears;

“This seller didn't include postage costs to your location. Please contact the seller or change your address”

If the seller doesn't provide you an invoice with shipping cost, ebay does not give you the ability to pay, no payment then results in your not being shipped your item.

Hopefully this seller will soon get around to providing you an invoice with shipping costs.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply