cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up account for shipping to Canada?

I can't figure out how to fix settings so I can sell from NY state to Canada but no other internationals.

I'm in Managed payments - I have my shipping preferences set up to exclude all regions except North America.  Looking at those, all the other regions have a CHECK beside them, while North America has a -   (a minus/dash) beside that.  Then, Within North America I have checked all the other countries I want to exclude and left the box beside Canada BLANK/unchecked.    

In my actual listing, I've got the same - checked to exclude ALL countries, except I left the box beside Canada blank/unchecked because I want to include, not exclude it.

What am I doing wrong ?  I have a bidder trying to buy an item and he keeps getting "Seller Does not ship to your location."  

I am NOT in the Global shipping thing - I do not want to be in that.  I would much rather handle the international shipping myself.  Please don't recommend that to me.  THANK YOU for any assistance !!!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Hi...sorry for the delay in response.  

I went through the steps you advised...on a revision for my listing.  I ended up w/   USPS First Class Mail International / First Class Package International Service (that option came up 1st), entered Canada Estimated costs came up, based on my listing.    Then I saw and added  USPS First Class Mail International Parcel, Canada...and no costs came up.

I scrolled down and hit Revise It.   Says my listing is revised, but the revision doesn't show on the new revised listing.

Should I just end this listing and start a new one that includes Canada?

TIA

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Is it for the Bones poster? That has a shipping cost to Canada showing now.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Hi...(I feel like a chicken w/ her head cut off...We just picked up out of town family... and trying to help a buyer change her neutral f/b to positive...turns out she loved what she bought, but made a mistake filling out f/b, and this...too much going on)

But a BIG thanks for sticking w/ me.

I now see how to access the cost of shipping. 

I just messaged the (maybe) buyer...even if he doesn't want it any more, at least I learned something.

Many thanks to you and the others who helped.  You all are the best!!!

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Hi...(I feel like a chicken w/ her head cut off...We just picked up out of town family... and trying to help a buyer change her neutral f/b to positive...turns out she loved what she bought, but made a mistake filling out f/b, and this...too much going on)

But a BIG thanks for sticking w/ me.

I now see how to access the cost of shipping. 

I just messaged the (maybe) buyer...even if he doesn't want it any more, at least I learned something.

Many thanks to you and the others who helped.  You all are the best!!!

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Yes, the Rat Bones poster...Thx..I did respond 10/25

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

@sassykzt  You are way ahead of my stumbling block.   I'm not ready to ship the item (I already use PirateShip and thank you for the recommend).  I had been unable to add an option to mail an item to Canada in my original eBay listing.  That was the problem. But thanks for the additional tips.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

@pjcdn2005  Thanks again for the "best answer" here - !  My problem was I needed to use a setting that had to be done before anything that anyone here was recommending.  From your answers I realized I needed to "enable international shipping" but did not know where to find that. 

Thanks to your suggestions I realized I needed to look for SHIPPING OPTIONS and finally found it - teeny tiny, way way off to the right and nowhere near any other choices to click, on the listing form I was using.  

Kind regards !!

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Thank you for your help. I see how to include Canada, thanks to the help on this board.  For some reason, I didn't hit "See rates" when I changed option to Canada.   I messaged the potential buyer...no response.

But thanks, again.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply