cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is this possible?

The item I purchased is 1lb and 9.1 oz without the box its packaged in or the shipping package weights included so how is the seller shipping it first class package service? Is it going to get sent back if they see it's over 13 oz max or is it gonna be delivered to me with postage due? Im confused. The seller had "fast n free" and was supposed to be here the 27th but i understand this month sucks for usps etc so not too upset about the timeframe just concerned if this is gonna be an issue. 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

How is this possible?

@chrishatf_0 If seller didn't pay for enough postage and used a printed label then the difference in postage will be charged to him. It happens because some people are shady and don't play by the rules.  Worst case it won't get sent back but will arrive to you postage due. I am not sure the specifics of what to do in that scenario though luckily it hasn't happened to me. Good luck.

See more here: https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/ship-smart/ebay-shipping-partners/avoid-extra-postage-costs...

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

How is this possible?

Is it possible they paid the postage? Would that make it still say first class package service but just overweight and paid postage difference? The seller is a top rated seller and has a 99.5 and is a warehouse idk if that makes a difference or not. I wish I could get some screenshots to post or send to you in email or something so you could possibly brainstorm with me lol @thatisrathernice

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

How is this possible?

@chrishatf_0 You only know how much item weighs because you know what you are buying. Post office/labels system doesnt know how much each item weighs just what the seller tells them. Seller can put in 14oz first class just to print the label. Once package is in the system the link I shared before would/should take effect. The labels system wont let you print anything first class over 16/15.9oz. I am not sure if coming from a warehouse makes a difference or not but for normal regular no special anything sellers this is how it goes. You can post screen shots in the forum just make sure you cover up anything that would identify the seller, they can be quite helpful.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

How is this possible?

@chrishatf_0 wrote:

The item I purchased is 1lb and 9.1 oz without the box its packaged in or the shipping package weights included so how is the seller shipping it first class package service? Is it going to get sent back if they see it's over 13 oz max or is it gonna be delivered to me with postage due? Im confused. The seller had "fast n free" and was supposed to be here the 27th but i understand this month sucks for usps etc so not too upset about the timeframe just concerned if this is gonna be an issue. 

It may have been accidental or on purpose ... the seller sending it that way. They may have done it that way many many times and just never got caught. I misread the weight once in selling on ebay. The package got to it's destination fine and the USPS just billed me for it. 

I suggest you try not worry about it so much ... something that has not happened yet. What's the worse that can happen?

Energy flows where attention goes.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

How is this possible?

@chrishatf_0 wrote:

The item I purchased is 1lb and 9.1 oz without the box its packaged in or the shipping package weights included so how is the seller shipping it first class package service? Is it going to get sent back if they see it's over 13 oz max or is it gonna be delivered to me with postage due? 

I thought USPS upped the maximum weight on 1st class to a pound? I'm guessing an ounce or two over wouldn't cause an issue, not sure about 9. Just wait and see.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

How is this possible?

The maximum weight for online labels is 15.999 ounces, but at the retail PO counter it's still just 13 ounces, so many buyers don't realize that online has a higher limit.  

As noted above, the new USPS sorting system usually catches underpaid postage and  just  charges it to the seller.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

How is this possible?

Im just concerned because its a gift for my partner and I needed it here by the so called guaranteed delivery date that passed two days ago and since the 23rd when it was supposedly shipped as per the sellers say it wasnt accepted at that usps office until the 28th and then an hour after being accepted went straight to another USPS facility that upon me looking further into is mainly for redirecting mail due to issues such as: incorrect address, insufficient postage, etc thats what caused the concern. 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

How is this possible?

This is what it said until yesterday they claim they took it to the office on the 23rd. I dont think that's looking too true. Thoughts?

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

How is this possible?

How is this possible?

Up to 13 Oz is for regular First Class envelop or flat.

First Class Package is up to 15.99 Oz.

Still your package is beyond that and if your seller used an online label they are likely to get charged for the additional postage needed.  USPS recently started a program in which for those that did not pay enough postage for whatever they were shipping would get charged for it via whatever method they used to pay for the original postage when bought online.  

It is still possible it may arrive will arrive postage due.  You will jsut have to wait and see.

Check your tracking and see what it says.  That is a good way to see what it happening with your item and where it is.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

How is this possible?

This is the item specs

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

How is this possible?

@chrishatf_0 wrote:

This is the item specs

Thanx, but did you look at the tracking to see if there are any notes regarding exceptions.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

How is this possible?

I did a couple of times just to make sure I didn't miss anything and nothing was pertaining to that. I'm just gonna wait it out and see. The trail went cold on my info searching so only time will tell. Thanks everyone. 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

How is this possible?

@chrishatf_0 wrote:

I did a couple of times just to make sure I didn't miss anything and nothing was pertaining to that. I'm just gonna wait it out and see. The trail went cold on my info searching so only time will tell. Thanks everyone. 

Well you really don't have a choice but to wait.

However in the meantime you can put a trace on the tracking.   And make sure you sign up on USPS to receive tracking updates on this package via email.  You can do that on the same page that you view the tracking.  This can be handy as for some reason it will usually shake the package loose if it is stuck somewhere or encourage them to update the tracking.  I don't know why, but it does seem to work almost every time I sign up for the updates on a package I'm having problems with.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply