cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I ship together items that were paid separately?

A person bought two items from me and paid for each separately (shipping was included in each price). I would like to mail them together in one envelope. I printed postage for one item with enough weight to include both items. When I went to add the tracking number to the second item, I got this message: "This tracking number is already associated with another active shipment."

Would anyone please explain to me how to ship them together and get a tracking number good for both? Thanks!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: How do I ship together items that were paid separately?

First, I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to offer their suggestions.

blijeolifantje gave me good info about people with temporary IDs and that seems to be the problem.  I always wondered why recently I was getting buyers with computer-generated names with no feedback and who were members as of the date of purchase. Thanks for solving the mystery.  I’m afraid kattinsanity is wrong.  Although there is no such thing as a free lunch, there certainly is such a thing as free shipping.  Many of my items retail for $9.90.  I sell them for $8.00-8.50 and with no shipping charges.  What would you call that?  Am I trying to make a buck?  Of course!  I am not squeamish about the profit motive.  That’s why we are all here and as long as it’s legal, the customer is happy and saving money, it’s a win/win situation.  Are you suggesting that I go through mathematical formulas to ensure I do not make a penny more than what you think I should make? Please don’t presume to know what my buyers expect. divwido  is completely off the mark - eBay has no say at all in shipping refunds in cases like this.  Whether I combine or not is up to me and I am under no obligation to refund.  I have in the past combined shipping when a potential customer asks or when I FEEL like it.

ijazzu recognized the problem.  Yes, I voided the first label and then was unable to combine using bulk shipping.  I am going to try going through PayPal as buyselljack2016 and  lintbrush* (yes, guest buyer, yes same ID and thanks for your entire message!) suggest.  If that fails, I will do a separate shipping.

Many thanks for all responses.  A Happy and Healthy New Year!

Message 16 of 16
latest reply