cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here is how to find Total Paid For Shipping Labels for past year

Go to your Seller Hub > Payments folder

Click the Statements folder

You will be shown links to your financial statements for the past year.  (2020)  If yours are like mine they run mid-month to mid-month.  Example Nov.16 - Dec. 16, 2020

To the far right click on Download --- a new screen will show you your financial activity for that period.  You can either download it to your computer or print a paper copy.  I print paper copies for my records. 

(I am using Chrome browser and the Preview link does not show me what I want). 

The Financial Statement for each period shows:

Funds Summary

-- Opening Funds

-- Total Transactions (your sales for that period)

-- Payouts for that period (if in managed payments)  

-- Closing funds (funds moving to next statement)

Transaction Summary  

-- Orders (Total of sales MINUS eBay fees)

-- Claims (Total net of fees and credits)

-- Refunds (Total net of fees and credits)

-- Payment Disputes (Total net of fees and credits, If any)

-- SHIPPING LABELS (Total cost paid for shipping labels purchased through eBay)

-- Transfers

-- Other fees

-- Total Transactions (This is the amount left after the above expenses were deducted from your total sales for that period) 

I just printed my entire 2020 Financial Statements which provides me with necessary tax information.  Unfortunately, eBay does not yet include a breakdown for sales tax paid. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I did this, but it shows "0" for shipping labels, possibly because I pay for the labels with PayPal.  I can't seem to find an easy way to figure this out in PayPal either.  Can anyone help??

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I have an easier way - I just look in my ledger book 😊

Sometimes the old ways are the best ways (if you're a low to mid volume seller).

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Did you check Paypal Monthly Reports?  It's the monthly financial breakdown.  I used to print mine on the 3rd of the month for the previous month's activity.  I am in managed payments and I haven't printed shipping labels through Paypal in about 2 years so the name of the report may have changed.

I used to take a full year's worth in to my tax preparer and she had no issue using them for my IRS Schedule C. 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Payments for my labels come from a bank account. For shipping, the total shows $0. What form of payment should I use for ebay to show my totals? 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Any luck with this ? .  I offer free shipping and use eBay shipping . my reports say 0.00 under shipping

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@b86fiero 

I just went to all transactions and entered the dates for last year and it showed all payments received, what the fee's were and what the shipping charges were.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@injoyrubberstamps wrote:

I did this, but it shows "0" for shipping labels, possibly because I pay for the labels with PayPal.  I can't seem to find an easy way to figure this out in PayPal either.  Can anyone help??

It will show the amounts when you pay with pending payments. It will show 0 when you use PayPal to pay.

You need to go to PayPal (or your payment source through PayPal such as bank or CC) to download a report of shipping charges. eBay does not yet provide that info when you pay with PayPal.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

j

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I can only get 90 days. Is anyone else able to get the whole year for 2021?

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

As far as I can tell, the column titled "shipping and handling" in the report download is what the seller charged the buyer, not what the seller paid for the label.  Ebay has this information (it shows up on each order item payout report), but I can't seem to find it  anywhere in a downloadable report.  I think you have to look at each monthly statement.   

For managed payments, you can look at Paypal, but their report is confusing --  they list every type of transaction so the same sale appears more than once with different tags associated with it. 

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Re: Locating 2021 shipping and handling costs.

I think you're correct in that the report only provides the Shipping and Handling that you charge the buyer. It doesn't seem to provide an amount for what you actually pay to ship an item.

Is it possible that the postage charges are included in the fees and credits?

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

If you go to Payments then All Transactions then click Shipping Label under Type then change the time frame to custom to select your time frame. You can generate a report. The shipping charges on those others statements and financials are for Fedex and UPS

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

That gives you what you charged the customer for shipping, not what you actually paid.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I believe those are only the labels the ebay generated for returns and such. Mine only had about 10 listed, when I sold a hew hundred items.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply