cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to resolve an issue

Hello

I have a problem with a product I purchased and I received something different. I live in Mexico and I made a purchase from a seller in the US of a pocket watch. Use the "eBay International Shipping" service since for years it was the most reliable option, a little expensive but efficient.

1st problem:

The shipment was delivered for delivery in Mexico to Mailamericas and it is a fatal service, the shipment cannot be adequately tracked. A long time ago my products arrived in more reputable couriers (DHL, UPS, Post Office, etc.)

2nd problem

When I opened the package, the pocket watch I bought did not come, instead it came a pack of playing cards.

3rd problem.

I started the return process because "I did not receive the purchased product" and attached photos of the packaging as well as the product that came inside. The eBay system kindly generates a free DHL shipping guide (why don't they send it directly by DHL?) and the guide says that I am returning a pocket watch. DHL tells me that I cannot send a different product (a pack of playing cards) than the one in the guide (a pocket watch) and they tell me that it will not clear customs.

4th problem.

I sent an email to eBay on Wednesday, November 1, requesting support on how to return the wrong item and send me the pocket watch I bought or a refund of the money including the import taxes I paid. To date I have not received a response. I wonder, did they not check on the Ebay hub that the watch I bought came with and only made me pay taxes for a product that I did not order? Or, if they did review the product, why does Mailamericas give me a product that does not correspond to what I purchased?

Therefore, since it is a service that you offer, I request a response.

I hope an eBay representative can help me resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Joaquin

jrinconr78

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Help to resolve an issue

How does DHL know what you're shipping back?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Help to resolve an issue

This discussion board is just other users, not ebay. If you filed an Item Not Received that is not the correct way to deal with this, file an Item Not As Described case with ebay. That should get you a refund. 

Ebay has changed providers for their international shipping, not shocked that it may be using cheaper and less reliable services! I'm sure the reason for the change was financial.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Help to resolve an issue

They did file an INAD, but they are saying they can't ship the item back because it's different then what is on the paperwork.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Help to resolve an issue

Here in Mexico they check the package before sealing it.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Help to resolve an issue

I understand, but it is frustrating that they do not respond to me from eBay and I am looking for all means to communicate.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Help to resolve an issue

If you use ebay's US site you can get in touch with a rep. Go to Help and Contact, then towards the bottom click on "Buying". Then scroll down and click on one of the articles, e.g. Return an item for a refund. On the right-hand side, a chat window will pop up. It is a machine assistant. Type in Contact an agent (I am describing what I did the last time). After that, I got a response from the machine:

Sure, I can help connect you with an agent. Let me know which option you prefer: a chat with an agent, or have us call you or Call, with the estimate times (in my case it was all 1 minute). I decided for a chat. It took about 3 minutes, I got a real person on the other end. Spent chatting for 15 minutes, I got real answers and solution. Frankly, I was shocked that such a thing was even possible. After that, I received a transcript of the chat.

I don't know whether it will work the same way from Mexico.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Help to resolve an issue

Sorry -- you opened the wrong kind of case.  You chose to basically indicate that you received nothing.

eBay will look at tracking and see that you DID actually receive something and will dismiss your case.

The case you needed to open would have been an item not as described case. 

"Therefore since it is a service you offer, I request a response."

You appear to believe you're addressing eBay.  You're not.  These Boards are maintained by fellow eBayers.  We volunteer our time here to answer questions or give advice when we can.  We do not offer any services of any kind.  

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Help to resolve an issue

@soh.maryl wrote:

Sorry -- you opened the wrong kind of case.  You chose to basically indicate that you received nothing.

eBay will look at tracking and see that you DID actually receive something and will dismiss your case.

The case you needed to open would have been an item not as described case. 

"Therefore since it is a service you offer, I request a response."

You appear to believe you're addressing eBay.  You're not.  These Boards are maintained by fellow eBayers.  We volunteer our time here to answer questions or give advice when we can.  We do not offer any services of any kind.  

No, Ebay sent them a shipping label for DHL to return the item.

The problem is they were sent a pack of cards and not the watch they ordered.

They can't send the deck of cards back because the paperwork says it's a watch and DHL won't accept it.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Help to resolve an issue

You can probably strike out watch and write 'playing cards' instead however, you should probably contact eBay first. I would probably include a copy of your original receipt inside the package and write on it that playing cards were received instead of a watch so that eBay understands what is going on.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Help to resolve an issue

You are looking at information lost in translation @soh.maryl . 😉

>>I started the return process because "I did not receive the purchased product"

Translation: I started the return process because "wrong item sent"

If the OP filed a non-receipt claim eBay would not have provided the return label with DHL.

Hey @jrinconr78 - have you tried emailing ebayinternationalshipping at ebay dot com?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Help to resolve an issue

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

You can probably strike out watch and write 'playing cards' instead however, you should probably contact eBay first. I would probably include a copy of your original receipt inside the package and write on it that playing cards were received instead of a watch so that eBay understands what is going on.

Print a copy of the return request that outlines the 'wrong item sent' details and include that?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Help to resolve an issue

That might work. It’s an unusual situation so ut difficult to know what to suggest. If they can get a response from the email your orovided that would probably be the best way to start.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply