cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Bank Dispute Fed Ex Overcharge ?

Yes we have ready many posts and have used Fed Ex quite a bit without any major issues but it finally happened to us sadly. Sold a set of car floor mats that Fed Ex billed us for a 14 inch thick package that was only 4 inches thick. And yes we were well within the dimensional weight. So we paid $80 to ship a $50 set of mats basically.

Our question is after getting no help from Fed Ex or E-bay is there any other option ? Anyone ever had any luck getting any of their overcharged amount back ? Maybe getting their bank involved ?  

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

How can your bank help you? 

Other than that, I've got nothing. Fedex is ebay's account; did you get a notice that they were wanting more $ after you paid? 

Try contacting ebay for business on facebook

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Well the money comes out of my bank account lol.

Yes quote was $20 ish and then noticed we were charged $80 and charged for a larger package than what we sent. 

Ye we have been in contact with E-bay on FB and they were no help.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

You are right about the bank not being able to help since the payment doesn't actually come out of my bank but out of MP before their payout. Kinda grasping at straws for some way to recoup the loss.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I just had a similar issue and the price is insane, overcharged by nearly 200 dollars.  The weight is WAY off.  I've generally saved a lot with FedEx but this is pretty upsetting. I'll try doing some contacts on Monday when I have time but this is a pretty stressful scenario.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I always get a receipt for mine at the FedEx Office store which shows the weight on it.  No idea if that would help in this situation. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

You should be able to open your own fed ex account and link it to ebay's fed ex account - that way you get the discounts, but you are the shipper of record so you can contest the charges.

Not sure if the inclusion of MP changed any of that, though.

Ebay SHOULD help you with this, but I doubt they will, as they are the shipper of record.

This is just one of many reason to have your own FedEx account and not have ebay in the middle.  FedEx has been having way too many problems lately with incorrect scans of weight and size, as well as delivery delays.

For you current problem, gather all the information you can and start hammering on ebay.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

How can your bank help you? 

Other than that, I've got nothing. Fedex is ebay's account; did you get a notice that they were wanting more $ after you paid? 

Try contacting ebay for business on facebook

Yeah, velvet@ebay.com will help you.  /s

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Take any documentation you have to your local fedex store

In case you don't have, here is the contact info:

U.S. Customer Service1.800.Go.FedEx

FedEx Customer Relations
3875 Airways, Module H3 Department 4634
Memphis, TN 38116 

You can also snail mail the documentation with a presentation/explanation letter to the above address, since you say you are grasping at straws LOL

Documents you can show:

the receipt from ebay shipping

copy of the shipping label

copy of item sold, possibly with a tape measurement next to item(s)

etc

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

This same scenario has happened to me with both Fed Ex and UPS. Pay for shipping then and ADDITIONAL charge comes through. I contacted aBay and they tell me to contact FedEx with no results. I am beginning to think the only solution is to only use USPS which itself is unreliable, but rarely do I get a surprise billing from them.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply