cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have any sellers experienced that USPS Priority being cheaper than Ground Advantage?

Item shipping to Cali from Nevada; with all 'shipping options' shown, Priority was $7.20 and GA was $8.50. My items are only shipped one way (no options for buyers and all are Free Shipping). This particular item was listed as GA. I went Priority because it's faster (sometimes) and cheaper.

Anyone else run into this??

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Have any sellers experienced that USPS Priority being cheaper than Ground Advantage?

It's a few cents cheaper if the distance is very close. Otherwise, Ground Advantage is cheaper.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

@gear-house wrote:

It's a few cents cheaper if the distance is very close. Otherwise, Ground Advantage is cheaper.

The savings extends at least to Zone 4.  For instance, shipping 4 pounds to Zone 4:

$13.30  Retail Priority

$11.65  Retail Ground Advantage

$9.83  Commercial Priority

$8.56  eBay Ground Advantage

$7.25  eBay Priority 

You can check the eBay rates using the eBay shipping calculator.  It would be SO helpful if somebody would take the time to put together a chart of the eBay Priority Mail rates!

http://www.ebay.com/shp/Calculator

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

The best rate is the cubic rate, if applicable, and GA Cubic for some items can be significantly lower over non-cubic, Priority, or Flat Rate.  Get a free PirateShip account to use it.

The trick to getting the best cubic rate is to get the box size into the lowest rate tier possible.  For Priority cubic some of the boxes, like the old Regional Rate A, only need to be a 1/4" lower to slip into the next lower rate.  For GA cubic, the ebay branded boxes work great.  There is also envelope cubic to consider as well.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

On Pirate Ship, here is what I got for a 4 lb. package to zone 4 in a 12x12x9 box:

Retail GA : $11.65

Pirate Ship GA: $7.10

Retail priority: $13.30

Pirate Ship priority: $7.17

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@deserdog wrote:

On Pirate Ship, here is what I got for a 4 lb. package to zone 4 in a 12x12x9 box:

Retail GA : $11.65

Pirate Ship GA: $7.10

Retail priority: $13.30

Pirate Ship priority: $7.17

Looks like Pirate Ship offers better label prices than eBay, since as noted above the prices for eBay are:

$8.56  eBay Ground Advantage

$7.25  eBay Priority 

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

THE CHEAPEST THAT YOU CAN MAIL PRIORITY, RETAIL PRICE, IS $10.40.  NOTHING SHIPS FOR LESS.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

All I can say is I've saved a lot of money using PS over eBay labels.

Never do I see priority cheaper than GA.

Problem I believe is eBay label price is inflated in some instances for GA where it puts it to be more expensive than priority.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

Item shipping to Cali from Nevada; with all 'shipping options' shown, Priority was $7.20 and GA was $8.50. My items are only shipped one way (no options for buyers and all are Free Shipping). This particular item was listed as GA. I went Priority because it's faster (sometimes) and cheaper.

Anyone else run into this??

NEVER !!!!!

Rather than a bland non-specific generic statement, prove it with a zone number, the size and weight of the box and I contend I can prove you wrong.

And understand that we are talking abut the actual cost to ship, not the USPS retail price which is irrelevant since no one uses that price. (Well, not those who know what they are doing anyways).

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I avoid  USPS Ground Advantage  do to too many issue's  with  missed sent and delays  getting to me   and not  accounting  other's that are having same problems .  so I ask for Priority mail  ,UPS or FedEx . I wished   the USPS board of Govenor's  had blocked Ground Advantage   .  and kept  First Class  and parcel post   .    

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

I have seen it happen, it used to happen to me a lot more... it was cool... I could upgrade the shipping from ground to priority... and it would be cheaper for me... and buyer gets an upgraded service, it was a win/win.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply