cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP- item incorrectly returned, and now its lost!

1) I sold my personal apple watch;  prior to shipping, I unpaired from my phone (it said it was ready to pair again); but I did not know it was "locked" from activation in my icloud account

2) buyer received watch, wrote me that watch can not be paired;    

3) I was writing back and forth with the buyer 2 times to resolve the issue (same day as they reported problem)

4) within 2 hours of buyers first reaching out to me, I discovered and resolved the issue - unpaired from icloud, confirmed it was removed

5) in mean time, buyer initiated a return request with ebay, even though the item was not returnable

6) ebay sided with buyer, and initiated forced return

7) buyer returned watch, to wrong address  (to be fair, this was the return address on my shipping label;  but this address has been removed from my account)

😎USPS shows item delivered;    I called the building where it was delivered (university, I used to live there), they claim any mail not addressed to a person in the building is returned immediately to sender;   that was 2 weeks ago

In summary - 1)   I completely, remotely, resolved the issue my buyer had; yet I have no way to argue with ebay about the return?  ebay asked me to "respond" to buyers return request, and I responded simply that the icloud activation lock was removed, which resolved the issue. Next thing I hear is that ebay sided with buyer to return the watch.     2) the package is now officially lost. USPS claims it was delivered. The university claims they dont have it. Buyer does not respond. 

Is there any way I can even CONTACT ebay to discuss this?   I'm out $200 and lots of frustration. 

thank you for any help

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: HELP- item incorrectly returned, and now its lost!

any mail not addressed to a person in the building is returned immediately to sender;

If that had happened you would still be able to track the package through USPS. Sounds like someone at the U has a new watch.  

You can ask for a call back from eBay at the bottom of this page but I doubt they will help.

https://www.ebay.com/help/returns-refunds/returns-refunds-sellers/item-not-received?id=4116&from=Con...

I'd contact the PO in the university town and see if they can tell if the item was returned to them. 

Return to Sender packages can take up to 30 days to actually be returned.  Maybe even a little longer these days with the pandemic delays. 

Hope it shows up for you. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yet you didn't put in a change of address from your old address.  Sorry, this one is on you. Buyers don't have ESP.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@shkolz wrote:

6) ebay sided with buyer, and initiated forced return

If you had accepted the return and provided the return label, you would have been able to change the return address before Ebay sent the label to the buyer.

Plus, you would have gotten your Ebay fee's returned and you wouldn't have earned a defect on your account.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You can deny the return ONLY if the reason for return was buyer's remorse (ie. didn't fit, don't like, saw it for cheaper, bought by mistake). If the reason is doesn't work/defective, damaged, not as described, wrong item sent, missing parts/pieces, or doesn't seem authentic, then you must accept return or forced to accept return by eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

eBay can't help you. Must get the returned parcel redirected to your current address if possible.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply