cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global shipping program - item not delivered and refund

I sold and shipped an item to a buyer in Germany using the Global Shipping Program. The buyer contacted me to say that he did not receive the item even though it was marked as delivered. I called eBay and they told me that delivered in this context meant delivered to the local carrier and that we had to wait another week for resolution. A week passed and I called eBay and they told me that (a) the buyer had to contact them and that (b) they would take responsibility and issue the refund since the item was lost through the Global Shipping Program (they received the item from me). I contacted the buyer who asked for and received a refund it from eBay. eBay then promptly debited $160 from my PayPal account. I called the eBay support center in the US and they said that eBay Germany had initiated the transaction and that they did not understand the German language notes in the file and they would have someone from eBay Germany contact me within 24-48 hours. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The only thing I can suggest is to call ebay again so you can talk to a different rep. They take responsibility for an item once it is mailed on from you, so they should cover the item. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

thank you.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply