cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Outrage

I am outraged a "policy" in Global shipping.  I purchased a 60 year old vintage amplifier that has been deemed restricted.  It will now be destroyed instead of returned to the seller.  This unit is not replaceable!  What an outrage, and there id no way to appeal.  Another reason to move all selli g and buying to facebook marketplace or others! Shame on you ebay!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Global Shipping Outrage

Possibility that it may not be destroyed. It may just be resold domestically.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Global Shipping Outrage

You can purchase things outside the USA on Facebook? 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Global Shipping Outrage

I have found that some of my items ended up going to a liquidator on eBay.  Keep your search open for it, in a month or so, it may end up on the site and maybe the original seller can buy it back (usually for less than it sold for).  Not the greatest situation, but it may not be destroyed.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Global Shipping Outrage

It has to do with the fact many countries have banned anything with the possibility of mercury being in them....and Ebay Global is not smart enough to figure out the 10 mercury vapor tubes that are possible out of the thousands of tubes.....The amp will not be destroyed and will be sold to a liquidator and will be relisted here on ebay with the same pics and description.....only they will not offer international shipping on it. I would suggest in the future having the seller remove the tubes as state they are not included in the sale. Then, they can sell them separately to you and maybe they get through...maybe not. It is the only work around I know of.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Global Shipping Outrage

The getter spots in the vacuum tubes.   Shiny, silver color and they thing mercury. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply