cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glitch in the tracking info entry form

I don't sell a lot but it seems like every time I enter USPS tracking info, I get an error message saying the number is not a correct tracking number and if I enter too many like that, I'll be penalized as a seller. But the number is accepted anyway, and when I recheck the listing and click on tracking, I see the delivery status. Is this a glitch in the programing, or am I doing something wrong? I enter the spaces between numbers, if that could be a factor.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Glitch in the tracking info entry form

yes
no
║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║ ║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║ ║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You don't need to enter the spaces.  But yes, the system is glitchy much of the time. 

At least half the time (and generallly with only two well-known freight carriers we use frequently) the system refuses to allow me to enter that carrier with the error message it is an invalid carrier.  After several tries, I call eBay and the rep enters the same exact information as I've done - and it works on the first attempt.

~M

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for validating what I suspected. Hopefully they wouldn't actually mark you down as a seller when their system is the one screwing up, but I won't count on that. I will leave out the blank spaces.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Don't use spaces and make sure there's no leading space before the number or trailing spaces after it. (Use the delete key.)

Personally, I enter tracking numbers in Paypal, which transfers the information to my linked eBay account. No glitches.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply