cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Shipping - First Class Mail - Messages shown to buyer when viewing item - Inconsistancies

Thank all of you who commented on my prior messages about maximum time for shipping and what the buyer sees regarding shipping expectations when he views your item.  I decided to test one of my items, the Harry Potter scarf, using Free Shipping with Standard First Class, and different days for handling.  Here are my results.  I do not understand the inconsistencies.

I day handling - Item screen shows "Free 3 day shipping" and "Get it on Monday or Tuesday (shows dates)"

2 day handling - Item screen shows "Free Standard Shipping" and "Estimated between Tuesday and Thursday (shows dates)"

3 day handling - Item screen shows "Free 4 day shipping" and "Get it Monday - Wednesday (shows dates)"

4 day handling - Item screen shows "Free Standard Shipping" and "Estimated between Tuesday and Thursday (shows dates)"

Why is the language not consistent?  The Free 3 or 4 day shipping with Get It language indicates some sort of shipping guarantee.  I do not like that.  I hope someone at eBay sees this.  There is something wrong.

I just went back and revised the 4 day handling to 2 days and now it shows the same as the 1 day handling.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Free Shipping - First Class Mail - Messages shown to buyer when viewing item - Inconsistancies

@patille-0 wrote:

I day handling - Item screen shows "Free 3 day shipping" and "Get it on Monday or Tuesday (shows dates)"

2 day handling - Item screen shows "Free Standard Shipping" and "Estimated between Tuesday and Thursday (shows dates)"

I just went back and revised the 4 day handling to 2 days and now it shows the same as the 1 day handling.

If you were not able to stop Time from marching on, then it's because you're so far into your 2-day handling, that it is similar to 1-day handling now.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@patille-0 wrote:

Why is the language not consistent?

eBay doesn't reveal those algorithms. I can look at a listing and see different messaging multiple times throughout the day. It's not worth time trying to figure it out.

I gave advice on your other thread about how to pad the estimated delivery date, by choosing either "standard shipping" or "economy shipping" without specifying "first class" on the listing form.

@patille-0 wrote:

Yep, I explained that on your other thread. eBay uses your historical shipping time to determine delivery estimates. They're ignoring 4 days because historically you ship in 1 day. It appeared different as it took a little time for the system to index all the changes you kept making. For eBay to show dates based on 4 day handling, you have to consistently ship on the 4th biz day.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for your suggestion.  I really do appreciate it and I will try it.  eBay should honor the handling time we specify and should not be telling buyers that they will Get It by a certain time.  They should use Estimated Time language only.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply