cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fradulent sale but still no refund?

Bought 2 video cards and I get a email saying it was a fake seller on 5/12 and still no refund man ebay sucks at refunds and buyers guarantee

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Fradulent sale but still no refund?

" I get a email saying it was a fake seller"

I would be very surprised if the email was worded like that.

I would also be surprised if it did not include instructions on how to get a refund.

However I am happy to be surprised if you would like to do so.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

You sound like a bad ebay employee and I can see why they say what they say. So to help your low I.q. I will make it easier for you. I was obiously speeking in general since the point was it takes so long to get your money back its a joke and just for you here is the exact wording.
You were recently involved in a transaction for the following item:
332261840756 - ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DirectX 12 TURBO-GTX1080TI-11G 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X PCI

We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled. We ask that you take the following precautions:

- If you already paid for the item, you may be protected by eBay. Open a request with the Resolution Center and choose, "I bought an item. I haven't received it yet." You can access the Resolution Center by visiting:
http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com

- If the transaction doesn't qualify for eBay’s protection, please immediately contact the payment service used to request a refund.

- If you haven't paid for your item, consider this transaction canceled and do not send payment.

In this situation, your account wasn't accessed by the third party involved. At eBay, we take a number of steps to help ensure the security of your account. Learn more about protecting your account at:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/protecting.html

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

You should have opened a INR case on eBay as soon as you received that message. If it's not past 30 days after the last estimated delivery date, I suggest you open one now. Ask eBay to "Step In" as soon as you can.  If its past 30 days, you need to go to PayPal and open one. Don't let the PayPal lapse. The whole process shouldn't take more then 3 or 4 days to get your money back typically.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@haroldlwasson wrote:
You sound like a bad ebay employee and I can see why they say what they say. So to help your low I.q. I will make it easier for you. I was obiously speeking in general since the point was it takes so long to get your money back its a joke and just for you here is the exact wording.
You were recently involved in a transaction for the following item:
332261840756 - ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DirectX 12 TURBO-GTX1080TI-11G 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X PCI

We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled. We ask that you take the following precautions:

- If you already paid for the item, you may be protected by eBay. Open a request with the Resolution Center and choose, "I bought an item. I haven't received it yet." You can access the Resolution Center by visiting:
http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com

- If the transaction doesn't qualify for eBay’s protection, please immediately contact the payment service used to request a refund.

- If you haven't paid for your item, consider this transaction canceled and do not send payment.

In this situation, your account wasn't accessed by the third party involved. At eBay, we take a number of steps to help ensure the security of your account. Learn more about protecting your account at:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/protecting.html

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

So did you follow those instructions or not?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I open a case and the 4 days came and gone and still nothing

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

After that 4th day did you click on "Ask eBay to step in"? Because that's what you're supposed to do. Go to the resolution center and see if the case is still open. If it is, click on the above mentioned button. If not, go to Paypal and file a claim there. You will need to escalate that claim also. This is a two step process.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Hi & thank you for the reply.

I have received on of those notices many moons ago when I foolishly failed to do my research on the item & seller.

However even with my "low I.q" I was able to negotiate the very simple steps in order to receive a prompt refund & had no need to post on the boards.

Gotta go...need to answer some

calls from members who are unable to solve simple issues & earn my pay check.  

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Ummm actually after the email I called they did that.  geez and we wonder why all the jobs go overseas because we cant get good help.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Actually to make it easier to understand......ebay canelled the item after I bought 2 of the items so I called them they said you would get your money back in 4 days. You cant ask for ebay to step in because the auction was cancelled and its wont let you. I had been hearing ebay thas been cheating alot of people with in this way and chose to call.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@haroldlwasson wrote:
Actually to make it easier to understand......

I called them they said you would get your money back in 4 days. You cant ask for ebay to step in because the auction was cancelled and its wont let you.

Sorry, but it it doesn't work like that. Sounds like they made up a special lie for you.

This is one of the easiest situations from which to get a refund by yourself. You shouldn't have called.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Yeah im sure in over 10 years of buying and selling on ebay that I just wouldnt know how to do something Ive done before and some rude retarded ebay employee trying to cut off bad publicity in the forums. The case is open but it hasnt been resolved in 14 days when ebay cancelled the sale and that is  incompetent. I would suggest to anyone dont bother with this mess. Go straight to the bbb

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Just a follow up to my previous experience.

"please immediately contact the payment service used to request a refund."

I went straight to PayPal & received a refund almost immediately.

Best regards.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply