cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced Returns and Restocking Fees

buckleup2015
Adventurer

So it seems Ebay is determined to be little Amazon by following many of their seller policies: exhibit A- auto authorized returns and forced refunds.
We are debating how to navigate Ebay, if at all anymore (whether to offer "free" returns, which will inevitably just jack up the total cost of our items, just jack up the cost of the items without "free" returns and deal with Ebay's auto authorized mess, or fold up and be done with Ebay totally. They  don't have the eyeballs that Amazon has, so being little Amazon is not going to work for them...I digress). We sell on Amazon, so know how many of these policies are going to work on Ebay; for us, for buyers, for the selling platform in general.
My question is: how many of you charge restocking fees on returns? I can't find anything on Ebay as to percentages allowed for restocking fees...is there a link?
Amazon allows 20%-50% restocking, depending on a whole pile of scenarios...is Ebay similar?

**This is my posting id**
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Forced Returns and Restocking Fees

Ebay no longer allows restocking fees.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 2
latest reply