cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx Ground Economy

When preparing a listing I saw this choice and used it in several listings. I was surprised when after a purchase while preparing a label that it was actually called FedEx Smart Post. So it is called one thing in preparing a listing but a different thing when going to ship it. Had I known it was actually the uninsured FedEx Smart Post, I would never have used it.  How can it be termed as one thing in step A, but termed differently in step B. I get a stupid hat for assuming insurance coverage. But, apples and oranges are termed differently for a reason and it should be corrected in this instance. I cant understand how this could be.  Any operation has to review systems for accuracy. Existing elements must be re-examined from time to time. If bad small stuff gets through, then big bad stuff can too. Ok? Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: FedEx Ground Economy

Actually FedEx Ground and FedEx Smart Post are two entirely different things. And despite what eBay shows on the shipping page you can change between the two at will.

Ground goes by FedEx truck from where you drop it off to where it is addressed. It never leaves FedEx's hands.

FedEx Smart Post takes it from you by truck to a post office near the final destination. The package is then turned over to the U S Post Office and the postal carrier makes the final delivery.

Theoretically Smart Post will allow you to ship to a U S Post Office Box address. But eBay's program will not you let you print the label to a P O Box, only a street address. Smart post is also VERY slow do if your buyer is impatient (aren't they all?) it will cause you grief.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I do understand that. I was talking about Ground Economy., not straight Ground. Whats funny is that I never see it as an option once the sale is made when you (the seller) is in process of printing a label. Ordinarily, I check if the buyers choice is the best for them cost wise.  And when reviewing it (Agan after the sale) I never see the Fedex Ground economy as a choice.  BTW, It only has a narrow destination area where its a savings. I only saw it when this one buyer chose it.  I agree FedEx Smart Post is not a good option as would be any choices with no insurance IMO. In fact I dont see Smart Post offered in the shipping calculator tool or when cutting a label. I was just mentioning Smart Post as a past disappointment. I assumed FedEx Ground Econmy replaced it. At any rate I will not offer it any more becasue the rates are not demonstrably lower where I could justify paying for not included insurance. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I apologize for not thanking you first. gotta slow down and appreciate a contribution. 

Thanks again

Message 4 of 4
latest reply