cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed Ex cost adjustment refunds.

I had been hit with at least 26 of these starting in December. I had called ebay many times trying to get them resolved but kept being told they would put in for the refunds with Fed Ex. Every one of them correct dimension and the weight was actually slightly less than what Fed Ex claimed. Was never refunded. One rep even confirmed that the first couple reps never actually did put in for the request to Fed Ex. Up until December I have NEVER been hit with even one of these over the past few years and I use Fed Ex pretty much daily.

This past two weeks I was hit with 7 and then 6 yesterday. I have been refunded for these last 13 but all of the ones I looked at were less than the initial refund. For example one I was charged $19.23 cost adjustment and was only refunded $17. All the other ones were similar. No big deal I'll just call ebay and get it straightened out. 

Long story short, the ebay rep I was talking with put her phone down and walked away from the call. I wasn't yelling at her but admittedly was frustrated. Long story short, as I was on the phone with her (I also set my phone down and put it on speaker) another eBay rep called so I took that call. Essentially Fed Ex is now being allowed to steal money from our accounts whenever they feel like it. 

My main point was this. If all of my dimensions are correct, and my weight is correct but I am still going to get cost adjustments, either every item I sell should be getting them or none of them. If I ship the same exact item, with the same dimensions and weighs the same, why does one get a $5 cost adjustment and the other nothing? I need transparency and consistency. How is what they are doing not a violation of the Bait and Switch law?

If anyone reads this can you please let me know if your you got refunds from these cost adjustments were they all less than what you were originally cost adjusted? Also are the people being affected like me and use a lot of ebay tape? I am also curious is this just an ebay problem and if so are the people being affected sent items covered in ebay branded tape thats easy to spot? Just curious if ebay packages are being targeted or if it is everyone who uses Fed Ex because there is nothing we can do about these bogus bait and switch, cost adjustments.  

At this point I would love to just stop using Fed Ex but unfortunately the size of 25% of the items I sell aren't cost effective to send through the USPS and my local UPS drop off location is a poorly run store that has a habit of closing down for days and even weeks on end without notice.  

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Fed Ex cost adjustment refunds.

I don't normally use ebay tape. I had a problem with Fedex giving me extra charges after shipping the item (via ebay) some years ago. It resolved but I've now had three extra charges recently. Ebay says they will refund me. We'll see. My thinking is that this issue will resolve again but the problem is that people who use Fedex a lot are going to lose a lot of money when it happens if ebay does not refund. I don't use Fedex quite as much as I used to just because I'm not shipping as many large items now.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply