cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed Ex Shipping - When will I get billed?

I sold an item and had to ship it in two packages. Shipped Aug 21st, both delivered Aug 26th. I over charged for shipping and told the buyer I would refund any charges over actual shipping. I know Fed ex over charges. This is the first time I have used fedex labels. I also know they bill my ebay account. How long does it take to get billed by them. My buyer wants his over payment back and I still don't know what the actual charges are. Only the estimated. How can I find out actual charges and when will I get billed? Thanks for anyones help.

Sincerely, Robin

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Fed Ex Shipping - When will I get billed?

It will be on your ebay invoice.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I know that. Do you know when. How long does it take?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Your invoice will either be issued around the 15th or the 30th depending on your billing cycle.

You should probably refrain from prematurely promising your buyers partial refunds. You never know with ebay & fedex--what you think is an overcharge could actually be an undercharge. Quite a few sellers have been shocked when they get their invoice & fedex charged much more than the initial quote.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@niborlea wrote:

I sold an item and had to ship it in two packages. Shipped Aug 21st, both delivered Aug 26th. I over charged for shipping and told the buyer I would refund any charges over actual shipping. I know Fed ex over charges. This is the first time I have used fedex labels. I also know they bill my ebay account. How long does it take to get billed by them. My buyer wants his over payment back and I still don't know what the actual charges are. Only the estimated. How can I find out actual charges and when will I get billed? Thanks for anyones help.

Sincerely, Robin

The charges will appear on your next invoice.  Once the item has been delivered the FedEx charges will show in eBay via your Account Summary pages.  It's a bit difficult to read but it's there.

It will also appear in Seller Hub, Orders - Shipping Labels.  A couple days after the delivery has been made, you can click on the $ amount in the Label Cost column and it will show both the eBay estimated charges and the FedEx Actual charges.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The 3 most frightening words on eBay: Adyen is coming.

Hmmm, why is that?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@goldguy22k wrote:

The 3 most frightening words on eBay: Adyen is coming.

Hmmm, why is that?

sorry to hijack the thread further, but, it's a commentary on eBay's ability (and lack thereof) to design, code, test and deploy working code.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 7 of 7
latest reply