cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay shipping fees problem on Paypal site

There is a problem with the Ebay shipping fees being deducted from a linked bank account in paypal, instead of from the Paypal balance, even tho the process is set up correctly in the shipper's account in both Ebay and Paypal. This afternoon, after contacting paypal, it was determined that there is a problem on the paypal end in the system recognizing the account users paypal balance. Paypal is working on the issue and there is no estimated time or date when this will be fixed. Just wanted you to know. Sara5179

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Ebay shipping fees problem on Paypal site

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with Jackie at Paypal at 4 pm eastern time, was told problem was resolved. If it caused any overdraft issues Paypal will fix it.

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

I have checked my shipping charges for April 4 and 5, and found all deducted from my Palpal balance. However, most were ALSO deducted from my checking account.  CHARGED DOUBLE!!! 

I totally dislike dealing with Paypal and will change my permissions in PayPal to revoke eBay shipping charges. Once done, my next eBay shipping label will then ask my payment preference, and I will change that to my cash back credit card. 

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

I went to my bank and transferred paypal money to my bank account to cover shipping costs.

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

Hi

I found the same thing. looks like they took the shipping money from paypal then also took it from my bank account. Paypal went over it with me and showed me that it did not come out of paypal, but rather showing the money paid to paypal thru your bank account. My paypal balance did not change. Please call Paypal and they can help you with understanding it.

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

Thanks kavi1030

Yes, you are correct. Really confusing as checking account deductions have no link, just PayPal, amount and date. I had same amounts, some did show no change in Paypal balance, others a deduction. In counting all, and checking links and balances, only five were billed to my checking and not deducted from PayPal.

Frustrating!
Message 20 of 35
latest reply

Same here. What about a seller that has been printing labels for the last few days (unaware that their funds are being withdrawn from their checking account) and now are overdrawn? There's gonna be a lot of unhappy sellers if that happens. While a transfer from your bank to PayPal might be free, a bounced check is costly.

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

I would talk to your bank tell them and show them that those charges were unauthorized. That's illegal. You should not be held responsible for that.
Message 22 of 35
latest reply

Did you just say PayPal can't recognize user's PayPal balances?!

Now I KNOW we're in trouble!

- The issue continues for me, today;
pulling shipping charges from my secondary funding source,
in spite of a positive PayPal balance..
Message 23 of 35
latest reply

@saras5179 wrote:

There is a problem with the Ebay shipping fees being deducted from a linked bank account in paypal, instead of from the Paypal balance, even tho the process is set up correctly in the shipper's account in both Ebay and Paypal. This afternoon, after contacting paypal, it was determined that there is a problem on the paypal end in the system recognizing the account users paypal balance. Paypal is working on the issue and there is no estimated time or date when this will be fixed. Just wanted you to know. Sara5179

FYI: I just looked at my bank account this morning and see that I am overdrawn by $37. I called paypal and told them that I was over drawn and I felt they should cover the amount. They had no problem putting the $37 back into my paypal account. So now this morning I will be going to the bank to cover this issue.
Just wanted to let anyone else know if you were affected in their bank account to call paypal and ask for the money back.

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

This happened to me also. PayPal said it was a bug. Not much sympathy from the person on the phone. Just that she would add my name to the list.

Corinna L Stevenson
Message 25 of 35
latest reply

Call paypal and tell them your overdrawn in your bank and any fees charged due to their error. Ask that they refund you any money that is overdrawn and they will put the money back into your paypal account. I did this yesterday. I was $37 over in my bank. I called PP and they refunded me the $37. Ran to the bank and transferred the money from paypal to my bank account to cover it.

@duffelbagbargains wrote:

Same here. What about a seller that has been printing labels for the last few days (unaware that their funds are being withdrawn from their checking account) and now are overdrawn? There's gonna be a lot of unhappy sellers if that happens. While a transfer from your bank to PayPal might be free, a bounced check is costly.

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

Yes folks, check the balances, they are double zapping me also! From paypal and my checking account with other inconsistencies as well. Not happy!

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

It can get worse.

I talked with Paypal about the issue - they removed my automatic Ebay shipping billing agreement on file and told me to re-establish it. What they did not say was that it could not be done by myself on paypal. Ebay had to re-establish the billing agreement. At this point, I could not print a shipping label - error message.  The only way around this was to try to create a shipping label and check the box that said to always allow Ebay to use paypal for shipping payments. Initially, this did not work. I went out and back in to Ebay and tried again.  After a couple of tries, I finally got the "magical box" to show up where I could make that selection. I don't know how long this will work, but it worked one time. You may be able to print labels through multi-shipping paypal or directly through USPS (if you have an account).  Of course, you will have to make a copy of shipping page to get the address. I thought this might impact my turnaround time and talked to another party at Ebay about my seller preformance, etc. Of course, I can appeal it should any shipment be late. Really? You are kidding. You know paypal is having problems.  I had two choices - appeal it if it happens or contact paypal and provide them with a case number or establish a three-way conversation.  POLICY, POLICY & more POLICY. I did not go back to paypal. Between paypal and ebay, I was transferred 8 times. Do not just accept any answer given by any customer service representative. Hold them on the line while you try to do what they requested. Chances are good you will not be able to do it and then they will have to look at it again (a good learning tool for them). Of course, you will probably get transferred to another department. In my case, actions taken by paypal caused shipping issues.  Recommendations initially given to me by Ebay also did not correct the issue. I made that party stay on the line so that they could see the error message. I hope that my accounts are resolved but I am not sure of that. Paypal and Ebay were of little help. Use your "instincts." If it seems like they are just wanting to get you off the line and go on to the next customer, chances are, they are.       

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

I too have had a problem with Ebay Takeing shipping fee's from my Bank account Not my PayPal Account! Luckly it didn't mess my account up, but I did file a " Unauthorized Dispute" for the shipping fees. I didn't give permission for ebay to take shipping out of my bank 

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

Yes I have the same problem now I am stuck with all these fees and nobody could help me and is not my fault.I think paypal should pays those charges.It's not our fault If their system fails.

Message 30 of 35
latest reply