cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is being ridiculous about USPS not delivering on time

We  guarantee 1 day shipping  to ship it out and we do follow our rules. We got a ding for shipping for an item and it  not being there by their estimated delivery date with USPS. How can we be responsible for the shipping medium? I guess many people should file complaints at the Better Business Bureau. Since this is Ebay rules and their guarantee,NOT THE SELLER, and did not get it there in time,shouldn't they refund the shipper the shipping cost for not fulfilling THEIR obligation?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@ourfinefinds   Are you sure that your tracking was validated on time?   I am asking because I just had a package take a walk about... shipped on the 9th delivered on the 24th.  GD was the 12th.  Thankfully I had an understanding  and patient buyer. 

My dashboard is not showing anything late, maybe it will show next month since the delivery was the 24th.  If that happens then I will be on the phone to ebay. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@ourfinefinds,

Are you sure the package got an acceptance scan on your shipping date?   If it didn't you may have gotten a late shipping defect for that, not the delivery date. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

We all know ebay is in the shipping and delivery business which is why they can guarantee dates for delivery to our buyers LOL

I have been fighting with ebay for sometime now about all of this. Just because we mail within 1 day stop telling my customers 4-5 days (non business included) for economy (media mail) shipping when even the usps says 2-9 business days. They respond well customers have to know these are ESTIMATES....in other words set the seller up by giving bad info. And disappoint my buyers so they don't want to return to ebay.

Funny thing tho ebay claims I am the only one with this problem. They never ever get calls about this from any other sellers.

As long as documented within your time you should be ok, however, I have had to call plenty to have them remove late issues from items mailed on time, which is a hassle to have to defend my dashboard all the time because they want to make up stuff that is unrealistic.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

We even called ebay to complain and they said it was because it did not get there on time and because the buyer made a complaint with them. They said there was nothing they could do. Now they are going to ding sellers and ruin the minor discounts  we get over an uncontrollable element by the sellers.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply