cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay international shipping

eBay internationals shipping is higher in my account than what eBay posted. For example, to Canada under 8 Oz, eBay states $11.86, but in my account shows about $15. Is there a way to correct that? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Do you mean that you were charged $15 by eBay? Which item was this for?

The majority of your current listings are set up to use eBay International Standard Delivery (EISD)which is different than eBay International Delivery (EIS)  

With EISD the buyer pays the full amount to you for shipping and then you are billed later on. Here is a list of prices for EISD.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-labels-services/ebay-international-shipping-services...

When you use EIS you are billed for the domestic shipping only as the international shipping portion goes to ebay.  The price list for EIS might say $11.86 but the buyer pays that amount plus the domestic shipping cost that you charge.  You just receive the domestic shipping portion.

You might want to doublecheck some of the info in your listings. For example, on item 255991933775 the title says that the stone is 3.09 lbs and the description says that it is 1.52 lbs. Do you mean kg?

Also, you are charging $4 for first class shipping domestically and $15 to Canada with EISD.  It is too heavy for first class and would cost more than $15 to ship with EISD.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I had to figure this out also

ebay adds the international portion along with your domestic rate together

they are taking the rate and adding in the $3.86 you charge to get it to Illinois

@watangems 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

That is the stand shipping. But, eBay launching a new international shipping. Here is the link for the rate table. scroll down to see it.  https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-international-shipping/details

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

If domestic rate is included is great. But, how do you know. Because when I selected the new Ebay international shipping, I still see my domestic rates on each items. Then, when I select different countries,  I see the rates in addition to the domestics rates. If that is the case, it would be great because I lost 95% of my international sales. Europe, UK and Australia sales gone for goods due to recent years hight international shipping costs. 

But, it is confusing though unless if the correct rate is shown to the buyers in their countries. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Can you post a few item numbers that you need help with? Since your listings have a mix of EIS and EISD we'll need that info to give you a better idea of how your shipping will work.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I cant say I know for sure but I just figured it out

you can click on any country in the your drop down list and look to see what is is

I did this a bunch of times for my listings  and all the rates were $5-6 dollars more than what was listed in the table

I charge a flat rate of $5.50 in the USA so if you add the together that must be the reason.

@watangems 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 7 of 7
latest reply