cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay delivery estimates

has anyone noticed that ebays delivery estimates are way off?  I usually don't look at the estimates as I state the shipping service usually first class mail or UPS but i'm looking at some weird stuff.  I do a lot of 3D printing so some items have a 3 day handling time.  I only looked at 2 orders from today, we are based in NJ (east coast) and we have an order going to California.  The ship by date is 1/24/22, the estimate shown to the buyer is 1/25/22 for a first class package.

the second is going to Florida, ship by 1/24/22 with a delivery shown to buyer as 1/25/22.

I spoke to ebay and they claim that the estimates are provided by USPS and it's not them.  I find that very hard to believe, as USPS would never quote 1 day for first class unless it's the town next door.

Capture.JPG  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay delivery estimates

The rep gave you bad info. eBay determines the estimated delivery dates shown to buyers. Current USPS delivery times are factored in, but so is your "historical" shipping time. So even though you have 3 day handling, you historically ship most of your orders next day so the estimated date is based on a next day handling time. It's a terrible system.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The rep gave you bad info. eBay determines the estimated delivery dates shown to buyers. Current USPS delivery times are factored in, but so is your "historical" shipping time. So even though you have 3 day handling, you historically ship most of your orders next day so the estimated date is based on a next day handling time. It's a terrible system.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

It really is a terrible system, and then when you ship before your stated handling time and it gets there later than the estimate you get neg feedback.  Ive been somewhat lucky to have eBay remove it as I did ship on time I had one neutral stick.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply