cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Standard Envelope...when can we use in other categories like ticket stubs?

I like being able to use the ebay Standard Envelope service with tracking as it saves about $3 per shipment and passes on the savings to the seller & customer but it's only available in the trading cards category.  Why can't we use it in other categories such as ticket stubs as they are sent in toploaders just like baseball cards.  Why only one category?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

eBay Standard envelopes were expanded to more than just trading cards.  It now includes coins, money, postcards and stamps , but apparently they didn't expand to the ticket stub category.  I don't know if they plan further expansions or not, but perhaps they will!

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-standard-envelope.html

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

There are quite a few categories I would like it expanded to. Like any mailing service, if you meet the requirements for size and shape, I don't understand why the category should matter. It would be useful for small and thin items in countless categories. The most obvious that come to mind for me are tickets, coupons, and small folded posters.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I agree with you! I am trying to ship teeny tiny seeds and am not able to ship for the price of a stamp which is what the ebay standard envelope lets you do. I called ebay 3 times and the last call lasted 30 minutes and I spoke to 3 people and none of them were able to tell me how to ship seeds unless I use the First Class option that costs almost $4. Does anyone else have this problem?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Would love to see this expand more. This option would be great for keychains, stickers and other small, light items. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Really strange why eBay won't include stickers and labels considering the maximum allowed envelope size is:  6.125” Height;  11.5” Length; and 0.25” width/thickness. And maximum weight of 3 ounces. 

Most stickers and labels are smaller than the allowed envelope size and weight. The price of USPS shipping with tracking is just so outrageous, and at times cost more than the sticker itself. For now I still buy my stickers and labels from ETSY sellers. Most Etsy sellers are more than happy to make you custom labels if not available on Etsy. 

Sticker and label category is one  one area where Etsy dominates all marketplaces, including ebay. Digital downloads is another.  The longer eBay keeps up with this policy the more buyers become loyal to Etsy. This could be reflected on there market caps: eBay $25B founded 1995;  Etsy $16B founded 2005. Etsy sells mostly low priced items. But eBay should reconsider and take care of those low priced items which would eventually result to sale of high priced items. Loyalty leads to additional sales.

(reposted)

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

You can ship with a stamp BUT you will not have tracking.

Ebay reps can not change a policy. Calling them is just wasting time.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Very true. I sell seeds, and 90% of my orders ship in a standard envelope. Etsy makes it very easy to print labels for this, which is why most of my listings are there and not here.  Although I did an online chat with a rep this morning and he tells me there is currently an issue with the standard envelope shipping, but once it's fixed I should be able to use it even for seeds. We'll see if that's true in a couple days.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@aelanna wrote: ...  I did an online chat with a rep this morning and he tells me there is currently an issue with the standard envelope shipping, but once it's fixed I should be able to use it even for seeds. We'll see if that's true in a couple days.

As noted in the post just before yours, calling the reps is usually a waste of time because they often are mistaken and can sometimes make things up just to get you off the hone (they have quotas). eBay has given no indication that they are going to expand the categories in which the Standard envelope postage is available.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply