cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay International Shipping Policy on Multiple Bids - BAD!!!!!

I just sold 2 items listed on 2 different auctions to a seller in the UK.  Believe it or not, after I spoke with online support,  you cannot combine shipping  using Ebay's International Shipping Service.  I was told it is a customs issue and that the buyer is going to get 2 separate invoices and that the items would have to be shipped separately to the US Ebay location.   The only recourse I can see is to have the buyer  pay both invoices and then when I go to make the label I can hopefully pick USPS international postage and ship the 2 pieces in one package and issue a partial refund. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Ebay International Shipping Policy on Multiple Bids - BAD!!!!!

I opt-out of EIS at this time.

So I use USPS to combine packages. It works for me.

The only time it doesn't work is if the buyer is trying to pay on his cellphone eBay app. So be careful.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Really appreciate your advice. I didn't know you could turn it off.  Just did it.  Thanks so much. 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@jzjnque- you can make 1 listing for these 2 items.

Have the buyer BIN and then both can be in the same box to EIS.

EIS is new and eventually there will be a way to combine multiple items into 1 shipment.

EIS offers sellers a lot more protection and lower fees.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I had this happen with a gentleman in Australia what we did is cancel his 3 items he bought as a bad address (with his permission) then we relisted all three items together as a lot in one single listing. We also listed it for a super high amount so no one would buy it until they where able to then they send an offer for the correct amount we accept and then its all together including shipping. Its a pain but if its a large amount of money its worth the extra effort. 

Thanks 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@jzjnque wrote:

I just sold 2 items listed on 2 different auctions to a seller in the UK.  Believe it or not, after I spoke with online support,  you cannot combine shipping  using Ebay's International Shipping Service.  I was told it is a customs issue and that the buyer is going to get 2 separate invoices and that the items would have to be shipped separately to the US Ebay location.   The only recourse I can see is to have the buyer  pay both invoices and then when I go to make the label I can hopefully pick USPS international postage and ship the 2 pieces in one package and issue a partial refund. 

I just went through this with a buyer from the Netherlands. Your best option is to contact the buyer and cancel both sales using buyer requested cancel. Then make a listing with all the items the buyer wants included in 1 listing. Make sure to have the correct weight and package dimension in the listing to get the accurate shipping cost. Then PM the new listing number to your buyer so they can repurchase the items.

It takes a little work but that is the only way currently to combine using EIS shipping. I don't think it is possible to select USPS International postage and refund due to the customs and VAT charged to the buyer for each package. Your best option is to cancel and relist as 1 listing.

Good luck...

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

What I found was, yes the seller saves on the shipping fee since they only charge to mail in the US, but the buyer still pays a large amount, so Ebay keeps the balance.  

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

One of the other annoying features it that there is no control over what you want to ship Internationally when using Ebay's service.   Once I turned it off I can now decide what item I would want to ship overseas.  For me, I prefer sticking to US buyers. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

The way that I understand it, you can block the EIS on specific listings by excluding countries on that listing.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

It is a known issue. Ebay has said it will be solved. We'll see.

EIS is a lot cheaper than Ebay Global was and a lot slower. And delivery has tracking and the shipment is insured.

It is a freight forwarding operation so is unrelated to international postal rates.

I will not do any extra work for my international shipping so this gives me international sales without any extra work. I do as little work as I can for any order. Before Ebay Global, I refused to ship internationally.

Today's orders were from France in the early 20th century and went back to France. I suspect that even with the shipping they were a bargain. When Americans cared out other country's culture they sold for $100. I got $25 which is just fine since my interest in French culture is less than my interest in dollars at this time in my life.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Never used GSP as it is not an option over here, but wasn't the policy the same with them that you could not combine orders?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

The gsp would combine the international shipping and the import charges if the items were put in a cart and paid for at one time.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Have you contacted ebaye live support again?

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Their software is not written to pull two or more sales together and combine them.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I had 5 listings to one buyer and then he yells at me saying that I am trying to cheat him bc I am ask for individual payments at full shipping.  He had to pay 30 on items that would cost 13.  I get the anger but this is **bleep** on eBay’s part. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply