cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay Intenational Shipping – only 30 countries?

Experts,

I am in need of your help!

I have been rolled over to eBay International Shipping, and this morning got a message about an auction (for a lens) that ends today at 1PM PST. The buyer requested shipping to Japan. I checked the country list in the listing (below) and found only 30 countries, not including Japan. Here is the link to the listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115734627287 

I have a number of BIN listings up now and the country list is normal. Is this because the listing is an auction?

Could I just edit the listing to add something like USPS Priority Mail?

Help!

Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 9.14.32 AM.png

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: EBay Intenational Shipping – only 30 countries?

I know it's crazy! On the list that many sellers choose to use, you can ship to France but not to Puerto Rico.

Hello, Puerto Rico is on the USPS system! How many sellers actually give a d*** where their items are going to? Yet I am forced to ship items to a mainland address and then ship them or carry them back to PR. I'm happy to pay the extra costs, and most time the system calculates it in. First class is still first class, you can still mail an envelope with one stamp on it (I've forgotten how much a stamp is these days). Anyways, it's frustrating to have so many items going to different places. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Experts,

I tried to add USPS Priority Mail. The whole international shipping area appears to be greyed-out, probably because the listing is so close to ending. 

Mike

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@argy_eyes   what i would do>

IF the buyer from Japan wins, contact him explaining the shipping criteria and then create a separate BIN listing with eBay int'l standard shipping or whichever one u decide on, EISD probably will be the cheapest with the best protection and includes $100 insurance.

Cancel the auction win for the reason 'problem with buyer's address' since the chosen shipping method, EIS, does not ship to Japan.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@stuff4divas 

Stuff, 

Thanks for your solution on this. If the Japanese buyer wins I will give it a try.  

This brings up another question: can the Japanese bidder bid if there is no shipping method that covers Japan?

Mike

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

A buyer in Japan will be able to bid on that listing because you don't specifically have Japan blocked.  They won't be able to pay though until you send an invoice.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@tooold4games wrote:

I know it's crazy! On the list that many sellers choose to use, you can ship to France but not to Puerto Rico.

Hello, Puerto Rico is on the USPS system! How many sellers actually give a d*** where their items are going to? Yet I am forced to ship items to a mainland address and then ship them or carry them back to PR. I'm happy to pay the extra costs, and most time the system calculates it in. First class is still first class, you can still mail an envelope with one stamp on it (I've forgotten how much a stamp is these days). Anyways, it's frustrating to have so many items going to different places. 

eBay has Puerto Rico set up as both as a country in South America and as part of the US.  If the buyer address has PR as their state and the US as their country, they can buy from  sellers that ship to US sellers that  don't have US Protectorates blocked. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

If you are a seller on eBay based in Vail and looking to expand your market to buyers in other countries, the eBay International Shipping Program (ISP) can be a valuable resource for you. By using the ISP, you can offer your items to buyers in over 200 countries worldwide, opening up new opportunities to grow your business.

However, it's important to be aware that the ISP may have certain restrictions based on the shipping destination country and item category. For example, if you are shipping a large or heavy item such as furniture or outdoor equipment, you may need to consider the shipping costs and logistics involved in sending it to buyers in other countries. Similarly, if you are shipping an item that is prohibited or restricted in certain countries, such as weapons or certain types of food, you may need to check the shipping regulations and customs requirements of the destination country.

To ensure a smooth and successful international shipping experience, it's recommended to do your research and plan ahead. eBay's website and customer support can provide you with valuable information about the ISP and the specific shipping restrictions and requirements for your item. Additionally, you may want to consider working with a local shipping service based in Vail that has experience in international shipping and can provide you with guidance and support throughout the process.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Experts,

So, in desperation, I asked for a callback from eBay.

The CS person started to tell me that this was just the way if was set up to work (i. e., no EIS shipping of auction items to Asia).  I asked him if he thought that made sense (BIN to Asia up to $2500 is OK, but a $100 auction to Asia is excluded). He said it didn't make sense, and that my problem would be reported.

I requested that eBay message me with an explanation. I'll report back.

Mike

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 

PJ, Thank you. I'll message the bidder. Mike

Message 10 of 10
latest reply