cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY selling shipping labels for FEDEX SMARTPOST now FEDEX GROUND ECONOMY and service NOT PROVIDEDD

EBAY  list a FEDEX GROUND ECONOMY formerly FEDEX SMARTPOST on shipping options.   Fedex delivers the SMARTPOST packages, NOT to the post office like they are supposed to , but directly to the customer and then bills for FEDEX HOME DELIVERY  Totally different service       EBAY reps are no help   It is not possible to speak with a rep at FEDEX anymore, at least not without the SMARTPOST account number which is EBAYs

I was over billed $13 on a smart post label after FEDEX upgraded the shipping method   Label perfect  as always.  SHows FEDEX and USPS tracking.     Now, stupid me.  Because I was going by and cheaper I did it again and shipped GROUND ECONOMY and now they is doing it again.   Fedex  shows that they is going to deliver it.  So I expect to see another charge on credit card.    I will never use them again and I suppose I have no option but to dispute the charges on the credit card.   I cannot believe I am only 1 this happening to

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

EBAY selling shipping labels for FEDEX SMARTPOST now FEDEX GROUND ECONOMY and service NOT PROVIDEDD

FedEx Ground economy works within FedEx's own network and does not always involve the USPS (90% of Ground Economy uses FedEx service to deliver the package, and only 10% of the shipments are carried by USPS)

"Most FedEx Ground® Economy packages are delivered by FedEx Ground®; however, certain destinations (i.e., P.O. Box, U.S. territories, Military Mail) receive United States Postal Service (USPS) delivery. For this reason, limited elements of the label that can be used by the USPS are necessary for FedEx Ground® Economy onboarding and shipping"

https://www.fedex.com/us/developer/downloads/pdf/2022/FedEx_Ground_Economy_Guide.pdf

I suggest you dispute the extra charge with eBay by emailing their customer service(not talking to someone on the phone as it is usually to confusing). Tell them that you entered all the information correctly weight and dimensions (provide it to them) and the result was and still is what you paid and there shouldn't be an extra charge as a result. If eBay doesn't produce accurate labels  based on accurate information that is ultimately eBay's fault for creating a defective tool.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Wow thanks for info     They is doing it AGAIN   I stupidly chose it and sure enough  on FEDEX truck out for delivery.   But  I had NO IDEA that Fedex has option to deliver it themselves.   Never did before  did they do it. But to deliver it and then BILL for Fedex home delivery which super high another thing             seems like and is STEALING     I will waste extra money from now on   Cheat me once shame on them, twice shame on me  AIN'T gonna be a 3rd

Message 3 of 3
latest reply